Help! 2 full days at Hyatt Place North without car

debsjc

To cut a long story short, it now looks like we are going to have 2 full days at the hotel, before our cruise.

If I had know this I would have booked a beach hotel, but it's too late to change now.

Would appreciate help with a few more questions please

1 -I have established we can walk to the Harbour shops, and the Southport shopping centre (for Ross) - Are there any other shops close by?

2- Looking at the Sun Trolley website it looks like the beach route only runs form the Harbour shops on Fri/Sat/Sun - is this correct?

3- How long would it take to walk to the beach (Beach Place area)?

I was thinking we could walk one way, and get a cab back

Even if you can just ansa one of these these, or have any other ideas for us that would be great, thank you :)

The walk to Beach Place would be too far for me. Also you are correct about the Sun Trolley only operating to the beach on Fri, Sat, Sun. However the public bus #40 stops in front of the hotel and goes to Beach Place and also goes on to the Galleria Mall which is very nice. Bus #40 also makes the return trip to your hotel.

What a great opportunity to explore Ft. Lauderdale.

Go to Broward County Transit and check out the bus schedule.

Some places to check out:

1. Bonnett House Gardens and Museum

2. Take a picnic to Birch State Park

3. Take the bus up A1A to Aruba for a long lunch

4. Stroll on Las Olas for a bit of shopping, cocktails, live music and dinner.

You're not confined to 17th street!

Have a great time.

To cut a long story short, it now looks like we are going to have 2 full days at the hotel, before our cruise.

If I had know this I would have booked a beach hotel, but it's too late to change now.

Would appreciate help with a few more questions please

1 -I have established we can walk to the Harbour shops, and the Southport shopping centre (for Ross) - Are there any other shops close by?

2- Looking at the Sun Trolley website it looks like the beach route only runs form the Harbour shops on Fri/Sat/Sun - is this correct?

3- How long would it take to walk to the beach (Beach Place area)?

I was thinking we could walk one way, and get a cab back

Even if you can just ansa one of these these, or have any other ideas for us that would be great, thank you :)

You can walk to Las Olas but it is about two miles down Federal Highway. I don't see why the hotel shuttle will not drop you off at the beach. It is a quick ride. I would certainly ask.

You may want to check out Dollar rental for a weekend car...will probably cost you around 70 or 80 bucks? You can return it to FLL and then pick up a HYATT shuttle back to the airport?

That's what we did..we rented a car from MIA, and returning it to FLL.. a 24 hour rental cost us 40 bucks..cheap transport for 4 people I thought.

I stayed at this hotel last year for 2 days and did not have a car either...It was great...went to Harbour Shops which is next door - great because it has a Publix and some restaurants and walked across the street to Dollar Tree and Ross. We walked to Beach Place - it was a very pleasant walk as there are sidewalks and the streets are very safe and there are tons of walkers and joggers. We are avid walkers and it took us about 45 minutes walking at a leisurely pace - It is probably about 3 miles - we did take the trolley back since it was the weekend. One afternoon, we took the 40 bus outside the hotel to the Galleria mall, very nice mall - a wee bit pricey to say the least.

.............the public bus #40 stops in front of the hotel and goes to Beach Place and also goes on to the Galleria Mall which is very nice. Bus #40 also makes the return trip to your hotel.

Ditto the #40 bus.

http://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/Default.aspx

You can also walk to the Hilton Marina and take the water taxi.

http://watertaxi.com/

If you don't want to take the water taxi, try a duck.

http://www.fortlauderdaleducktours.com/home.html

If you're take the #40 to the Galleria, stop here for lunch.

http://www.primantibros.com/

Or just stroll Los Olas.

http://www.riverfrontfl.com/

Thanks very much for all the fantastic information, much appreciated.

We are having a rental car post-cruise, but not for these 2 days. However it sounds like we can manage fine by foot, and bus and water taxi.

Just one more question, roughly how far is Las Olas to walk to from the hotel?

*ETA* Ignore that last question, just realised it's not walking distance, too far!

The walk to Beach Place would be too far for me. Also you are correct about the Sun Trolley only operating to the beach on Fri, Sat, Sun. However the public bus #40 stops in front of the hotel and goes to Beach Place and also goes on to the Galleria Mall which is very nice. Bus #40 also makes the return trip to your hotel.

Just a clarification: The #40 bus does not stop in front of the Hyatt Place North. You will have to walk one block (well, half a block) north to 17th street to get to the eastbound (to the beach) #40 bus stop. Go to: www.broward.org/bct for bus routes and schedules.

Archived