tulum ruins

steelhead1

We will be in Playa Del Carmen on the Solstice Nov. 10th. and our main plan there is to see the Tulum ruins since we missed it a few years back. I am reading alot of good reviews about Edventure, but since we really only want to see the ruins has anyone used Johan and Sandra tours tulum express? We have also considered the bus and or taxi but are a little nervous about that. Edventure sounds great, but any info or advice on other options would be great.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to see the Mayan Ruins-Tulum (spelling) from Cozmel. We will be taking a ferry across to see them. Are you going on a tour from the ship. My sil said they had rented a jeep to go see them, which was a different tour from what we are taking---stayed on "ground" the whole time.

We will be in Playa Del Carmen on the Solstice Nov. 10th. and our main plan there is to see the Tulum ruins since we missed it a few years back. I am reading alot of good reviews about Edventure, but since we really only want to see the ruins has anyone used Johan and Sandra tours tulum express? We have also considered the bus and or taxi but are a little nervous about that. Edventure sounds great, but any info or advice on other options would be great.

Mike

I'm confused...my almanac says the 2010 solstice is Dec. 21. Is there something else going on Nov. 10?

Mike

We went to Tulum Mayan Ruins in October. Our ship docked in Cozumel. We took the ship's excursion. They ferried us to Playa Del Carmen, from which it was an hours drive via coach buses to tulum. Take your swim suit or shorts....the beach down there is wonderful! No changing facilities on the beach though, but it is BEAUTIFUL!!! The tour, including travel times is almost 6 to 7 hrs so we thought we would be better off booking the ship's excursion. Didn't want to be left behind incase of delays! There were about 194 people on this tour. Tulum ruins is a must see!

Archived