Hunidity on panama canal cruise

bigred12

Basically the same as coastal Costa Rica and Colombia (similar to south Florida in summer).

As everyone has said, 'be prepared'... DW acquired a couple neck scarfs that contain a refridgerator cooled gel tube inside that work great for FL summer heat; I'd recommend these for Panama and its neighbors.

If your wife has respiratory weakness in humidity she's going to feel it. At least on a cruise you 'ease' into it. Beats getting walking off a climate controlled airliner and being hit by a wall of steam.

I've been to the Panama Canal 4 times, 3 times in Nov and once in April. While it's always humid I think it was less so in April.

Couldn't prove it by me. I had to go inside several times. It is jungle atmosphere so taking a tour might be difficult but if this is your first time then stay on the ship and enjoy one of the world's wonders sailing through the Canal.

As everyone has said, 'be prepared'... DW acquired a couple neck scarfs that contain a refridgerator cooled gel tube inside that work great for FL summer heat; I'd recommend these for Panama and its neighbors......

I was trying to remember the name of the company I ordered mine from. They really helped! As I recall you put them in the fridge for a few hours and the gel stays cold most of the day. Really glad I bought them for that trip!

How is the humidity on a panama canal cruise. My wife has asthma. I was wondering how bad the humidity is. We live in a place that the humidity is about 7%

It is high and very horrible....along with the heat. But, the cruise is great.

Archived