Ever tender in Roatan??

EileenN

We received a note today from sepcial Needs Dept of NCL that we may tender in Roatan and because of a wheelchair user in the family question if it is going to be possible?

Our DD can walk with assistance but no sure how rough the water is there. Any suggestions:

I've been to Roatan on 3 different cruises and I have never seen the water rough there. (obviously it could be given the right circumstances) but I wouldn't anticipate any problems and would go ahead and plan on getting off the ship on Roatan.

It is a beautiful place that you shouldn't miss.

Jason

What ship are you on? You will either go the Mahogany Bay or Coxen Hole. Either way there didn't seem to be much in the way of rough seas when we were there but I would imagine sometimes there are.. I would think you should be ok to tender. There is usually a ramp they use for wheelchairs, etc. The only exception would be if there were really rough seas as it would be difficult because the ramp to the tender and the side of the ship might be having quite a bit of flux up and down. I would say, think that you will be ok and they will be able to accomodate you. I certainly hope for you that they will be able to.:)

Being on NCL, you will not be at the Carnival owned Mahogany Bay which would be a 'no tender' port. In Coxen Hole, the tender, if required is a short ride. Usually the tender is because there are not enough spots at the pier for the number of ships arriving.

yes we did tender on NCL in roatan. it was a very short ride. my DH is in a wheelchair. the staff carried him in his chair down from the ship to the tender and vice-versa. i am sure that if the seas are to rough it would not be doable as the captain has the last say regarding safety.

Being on NCL, you will not be at the Carnival owned Mahogany Bay which would be a 'no tender' port. In Coxen Hole, the tender, if required is a short ride. Usually the tender is because there are not enough spots at the pier for the number of ships arriving.

Actually NCL is using Mahogany Bay starting in December

Archived