Liberty Musical Show

negc

I understand that Saturday Night Fever, the Musical will be the musical production show added to Liberty when it comes out of dry dock next year, and not Momma Mia as had been predicted previously. Auditions for parts in this popular West End musical will be held later in October in New York. Wonder if Freedom will also get a musical included in its upgraded entertainment program?

I understand that Saturday Night Fever, the Musical will be the musical production show added to Liberty when it comes out of dry dock next year, and not Momma Mia as had been predicted previously. Auditions for parts in this popular West End musical will be held later in October in New York. Wonder if Freedom will also get a musical included in its upgraded entertainment program?

um...................ick. JMO :rolleyes:

Royal announced that Freedom will NOT be getting a Broadway show as part of her upgrades, due to the success of "Once Upon A Time" and teh contarctual obligations with the magic show onboard... but it may come at a later date.

They have also said that Independence will not be getting one just yet, until the company can observe the flow of the ship's new year-round UK itinerary.

Oh,I better tell our most famous hometown resident to brush off his dancing shoes.......(John Travolta):)

He'd be right at home on RCI considering that he was also starred in the movie version of Hairspray which is on Oasis. :D

Already been done -- on the Norwegian Sea (the old "Texcaribbean" cruise out of the Port of Houston).

You may have missed PH8's point. She was referring to John Travolta's connection to Hairspray and Saturday Night Live and speculating that Grease could be next. The fact that it may have been done on another ship at another time isn't especially relevant, only the apparent trend of memorializing JT's best known roles. Perhaps they could create a Sweathog's musical, Welcome Back Kotter, the Musical.:D

Already been done -- on the Norwegian Sea (the old "Texcaribbean" cruise out of the Port of Houston).

NCL's "Grease" was not a licensed production. (Hence why you don't see it around any more) The person who owns the rights to Grease actually tried to sue the entire Cruise industry for the use of the songs from the show in theme nights and revue shows. (He failed)

Royal's Chicago, Hairspray and Fever are fully licensed productions, produced by RCI with the co-operation of the show owners.

Unfortunately, unless he had a change of heart, I cannot imagine him ever granting the rights to Grease to perform, which is kinda sad as it would be a good Cruise Ship show.

I asked this on another thread but no replies. Id it CONFIRMED that Liberty will have this new show when she leaves drydock at the end of January OR, as I have heard elsewhere, the new show will start on Liberty only as of April 2011. I would like to know as I am sailing Liberty in March.

Thanks

Archived