Alcohol questions...

djvand

I have some questions about pre purchasing drinks for my upcoming Eurodam cruise. I know you can pre order bottles of Vodka etc. but can somebody please confirm the size of the bottles? I assume it is a litre but I can not find that anywhere on the HAL order form.

In addition, can someone give me an idea of what is cost to order a drink from the bar (say a rum and coke, or a vodka and tonic)? Any examples would be greatly appreciated!!!

you can figure that most bar drinks are going to be in the neigborhood of$ 5.00 to $ 8.00 depending what you drink, if its well or call. I drink Crown and its usually about $7.50 am drink and the bottle to your room are 1 liter or 33 oz. Hope this helps. We drink from the bar but on our 12/26/10 cruise we odered a bottle of crown for the room for 43.00 and we'll drink at the bar also.:)

We purchased a bottle for our room on our last cruise with HAL and it worked out nicely. The bottle was one liter, and even though the cost was higher than at a package store, the price per drink is still a good bargain. Also we like to have a toddy while we dress for dinner, so the convenience of not running out to a bar to get one is probably the biggest plus.

Thank you all for your response. Since we are in a suite I think we will be drinking a lot on the balcony, so purchasing some bottles for embarkation is the way to go as far as I can tell. I am sure there will be some bar purchases along the way! Again, thank you for your quick responses.

HAL really doesn't care or make a big deal about it. Just pack it carefully in your checked bag. Most people who bring liquor on board are also great customers in the bars. It just makes it more convenient to have a few before dinner on your balcony. I guess some places have prices higher than the ship's charge. I live in Florida and we get really good prices down here.

Thank you all for your response. Since we are in a suite I think we will be drinking a lot on the balcony, so purchasing some bottles for embarkation is the way to go as far as I can tell. I am sure there will be some bar purchases along the way! Again, thank you for your quick responses.

Recently we were on the Prinsendam and had an extra day in Tilbury (near London). We took the ferry across the Thames where there is a large supermarket. They provided me with a six pack box which we filled with six bottles of 'wine'. When we got aboard my wife found it actually had four bottles of wine, one bottle of tonic and one bottle of gin. No problem.

We use Rum Runners brand plastic expandable bags for the alcohol. They are compact, seal with a cap, easy to refill and are undectable in luggage via the xray machine. They sit up when filled and we don't have to worry about glass breakage when luggage is tossed or seas are rough. You can find them on the internet or at amazon. We still use the bar and bring a case of wine on board for dinner. :cool:

We use Rum Runners brand plastic expandable bags for the alcohol. They are compact, seal with a cap, easy to refill and are undectable in luggage via the xray machine. They sit up when filled and we don't have to worry about glass breakage when luggage is tossed or seas are rough. You can find them on the internet or at amazon. We still use the bar and bring a case of wine on board for dinner. :cool:

This is the first GOOD explanation of Rum Runners I have seen! The only cruise we've taken booze on board was long ago and we just had one drink each while getting ready for dinner. We often take beer to our hotel/motel room for after we don PJs.

Like the case of wine for dinner, what do you drink for the rest of the dinners?

This is the first GOOD explanation of Rum Runners I have seen! The only cruise we've taken booze on board was long ago and we just had one drink each while getting ready for dinner. We often take beer to our hotel/motel room for after we don PJs.

Like the case of wine for dinner, what do you drink for the rest of the dinners?

For dinner, we just order one of their wine packages. It's not that expensive. Have a drink of our own before we go down and a glass with dinner. :) When you weigh the corkage fee of $18, to us it just makes sense. JMO. :)

Archived