New Parking Shuttle Port Canaveral

ceetee

We 'may' (Keeping fingers crossed ... lol) be able to park our car at a friend's condo in Port Canaveral. Is there more than one taxi co. to use from condo to pier and then back again? Any telephone numbers? Thank you!

There are a bunch here. I would google Taxi/Cape Canaveral. I will give you an insider tip. Save the number and call them to pick you up on the return. It will be cheaper than just getting in a cab waiting by the ship.

I guess I could rent out my driveway!!!!!!!

there is one math issue to consider (I was a math major in college)

He is 7 or 8 miles from the port and has one shuttle van. So all in all you can expect a shuttle once every how many minutes? Speed limits probably average 40 thru the trip but there is also load/unload and a few stop lights. He's farther out than the rental car places (under 3 miles for the farthest) .... don't know the frequency of runs they are able to maintain (some have more than 1 van) but just something to think about.

I'm thinking 30 minutes PLUS for a round trip/ betweet trips . . . but just guessing . . . if it matters to you.

I have thought of that myself. Hopefully as he grows more will be added. All about the money.

there is one math issue to consider (I was a math major in college)

He is 7 or 8 miles from the port and has one shuttle van. So all in all you can expect a shuttle once every how many minutes? Speed limits probably average 40 thru the trip but there is also load/unload and a few stop lights. He's farther out than the rental car places (under 3 miles for the farthest) .... don't know the frequency of runs they are able to maintain (some have more than 1 van) but just something to think about.

I'm thinking 30 minutes PLUS for a round trip/ betweet trips . . . but just guessing . . . if it matters to you.

Yep, thought of that. Sitting around waiting on the van, may be the deciding factor.:(

There are a bunch here. I would google Taxi/Cape Canaveral. I will give you an insider tip. Save the number and call them to pick you up on the return. It will be cheaper than just getting in a cab waiting by the ship.

1. Good advice on the taxi. Thank you.

2. You're a 'Hoot and a Half' LOL LOL LOL

Sooo how close are you to the port, how much for rent on the driveway:D:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any more information on Park n Sail? I am driving up on Monday to leave on MOS and would like to use them but I haven't read anything from anyone who has used them. I emailed them at the beginning of the week and never got a response. I will call tomorrow but just wanted some others opinions.

Thanks.

K.

Does anyone have any more information on Park n Sail? I am driving up on Monday to leave on MOS and would like to use them but I haven't read anything from anyone who has used them. I emailed them at the beginning of the week and never got a response. I will call tomorrow but just wanted some others opinions.

Thanks.

K.

Hello travellbug - nope noone has posted yet about their stay there - I did go by there and checked it out - my thoughts "I wasn't impressed", but my hubby who is like a "tiger watching his food", said he would leave his truck there and if Norm said that, you can bet it is ok.

Good luck and do write how the experience.

Hi Shirley,

Thanks so much for answering my post. I read all the posts in this thread and still can not decide if I should park there or not. Could you expand on your thought of "I was not impressed"?

I have tried to contact the place a few times by email and by phone and can not get any response. That kind of turns me off alittle. Maybe that is my answer:).

Thanks again Shirley.

Hi Shirley,

Thanks so much for answering my post. I read all the posts in this thread and still can not decide if I should park there or not. Could you expand on your thought of "I was not impressed"?

I have tried to contact the place a few times by email and by phone and can not get any response. That kind of turns me off alittle. Maybe that is my answer:).

Thanks again Shirley.

I also sent an e-mail and did not get a response. I figure I get no response, I don't park there.:p

Hi Shirley,

Thanks again Shirley.

OK before I go any further, please realize these are my own thoughts, my own observations and Norm, the hubby, did say he would leave his truck there and he is particular about his vehicle - now when I drove up, the gentleman came out of the bail bonds office where he has a small office there - he only has a cell phone for contact I was told - he has been in business for 9 months - the "parking area" is rented to him by the owners of the bonds office. The place where he did have maybe about 10 cars or so are on a partial ground of grass/weeds and the rest is dirt. He did say he does want to have that area paved, graveled or asphalted as soon as the business built up. I found the fencing "questionable" and he does have like a black tarp that covers only the front of the parking area, everything else is exposed to a very busy highway although it does sit back from the highway. The area where he is going to put bigger vehicles is still high in growth and does have to cleaned off before he can put anything in there. I found the lighting poor, but I only saw the place during the day so I do not know if the lighting comes from the street lights or his personal lighting. Security, I understand, is the security that comes over to the bond place and they check on the vehicles while they are there. I can not say that they are there all night or just check in during the night etc.

Again I do NOT want my thoughts etc to affect this man's chance of building up business up and that is why I have asked for those that have stayed here to give me some feed back. Me? I would either park at the port or stay at a hotel, but then again that is my feelings. I am sure someone will post their thoughts and then my opinions will be nil.

That's about it and as I said so many times, I try to be straight with each of you but the last choices etc are yours.

Shirley, thanks so much for the information. I wish the gentelman well, however, I'd probably park at the port. My decision would do more with the distance from the port and wait time. If I were to arrive just after he took off with someone else, I would imagine I could be waiting a half hour or more.

Also, no response to my e-mail.:eek:

Shirley,

Thanks so much for your honest opinion. I tried to call several times today and never got an answer. I am still not sure what I will do. I am leaning on parking at the port.

Thanks again.

K.

Hello K. in all fairness to the gentleman, I really found him very nice and concerning - I really felt that he did want to do a good job and give folks something that is needed here

so I am going to try and go by again and speak with him and also try to find out as to why he is not answering his emails or calls ok? I do not like to speak ugly of anyone for we never know what they may have or have not in their lives and judgement without cause shouldn't be also.

Hello Shirley,

I understand your point. I didn't take your thoughts on Park n Sail to be ugly or hurtful to the company. What I was taking into consideration, as to whether or not to go there, was price, location, security, and convenience. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed in not being able to get in touch with anyone there after email and many phone calls.

I still haven't decided what I will do tomorrow. If I end up going there, I will post my opinion when I return.

Thanks again for your help.

K.

Hello Shirley,

I understand your point. I didn't take your thoughts on Park n Sail to be ugly or hurtful to the company. What I was taking into consideration, as to whether or not to go there, was price, location, security, and convenience. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed in not being able to get in touch with anyone there after email and many phone calls.

I still haven't decided what I will do tomorrow. If I end up going there, I will post my opinion when I return.

Thanks again for your help.

K.

Hey there K

I was going by yesterday, but it has been so darn windy and cool here, that I chose to stay home and stay warm :) keep us posted as to how it goes ok?

Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived