New Parking Shuttle Port Canaveral

ceetee

On my way to work at the port this week, I saw a shuttle for Park & Sail which I have never seen before. We talked to the driver and he said they were located on US1 and the rate was $8.50. I just went to their website and that rate is for FL drivers, $9.50 for out of state. Finally a big savings for parking for Port Canaveral sailings. We are going to drive by it later today to check it out. Here is the website

http://www.port-canaveral-parking.com/

On my way to work at the port this week, I saw a shuttle for Park & Sail which I have never seen before. We talked to the driver and he said they were located on US1 and the rate was $8.50. I just went to their website and that rate is for FL drivers, $9.50 for out of state. Finally a big savings for parking for Port Canaveral sailings. We are going to drive by it later today to check it out. Here is the website

Good news I will let people know.

Hello CeeTee - this is must be where Ted's Shed had his business for it is just about the right address, right amount of open land and he already had his property really secured down. Did you get a chance to drive by it? I am going to do so tomorrow for it would be a savings for the cruisers although some may say too far from the port and for a few dollars more, "my car is right there when I get off the ship" or they still stay at the hotel overnight and leave their cars at the hotels - anyhow will check it out

Thanks for the kindness in sharing and helping our visitors out

Has anybody driven by yet....I'd love to know if it looks safe. Sometimes it's just easier dropping off the car than arranging pick-up from friends.....the port charges are just absurd.

We don't have much info yet. It is $15 a day to park at the port.

Has anyone driven by to check on this yet? I called the gentleman and talked to him this morning. He said he can take us over to the port around 10-ish and then the day we return, we would just give him a call when we are ready to be picked up. He said he is about 10 miles to the port. He picks up as early as 6:30am. He said the lot is well lit and fenced in. Also attached to a security company. No charge for the shuttle (of course I'm sure he would accept a tip.) We may use him on Oct 24th for FOS. If we get there and don't like what we see, we can always just head over to the port.

I have not heard anything yet. It should be fine. I am sure someone would be closer but we have no land here for that type of operation. The are a few dollars higher than most Park & Flies but are going a few more miles round trip.

Let us know.

Has anyone gone over and checked this place out yet? Thanks for your help.

I will be going out sometime today to check it out and speak with the "keepers of the cars" - I do know exaclty where it is and what was there. there is a lot of pros and cons in my mind so just want to ease my mind about them all.

Will post as soon as I get more details

Hugsssssss

I will be going out sometime today to check it out and speak with the "keepers of the cars" - I do know exaclty where it is and what was there. there is a lot of pros and cons in my mind so just want to ease my mind about them all.

Will post as soon as I get more details

Hugsssssss

You are fantastically helpful!

You are fantastically helpful!

I went by today but the gentleman that runs the parking area was making shuttle runs and we could not meet but will try again tomorrow - the area does look safe but as I said, I know that area very well. I was assured on the phone that the vehicles are well protected and although he does not own the property and does rent the property, there would be no issues of any of the vehicles being held for anything. In other words, he loses or closes down, customers can still claim their vehicles which was my main concern.

Anyhow let me see what I find out tomorrow - seems like a good idea but again you are out 10 miles from the port and then again his prices to cruisers are pretty good.

Will post tomorrow after I have been there ok?

I went by today but the gentleman that runs the parking area was making shuttle runs and we could not meet but will try again tomorrow - the area does look safe but as I said, I know that area very well. I was assured on the phone that the vehicles are well protected and although he does not own the property and does rent the property, there would be no issues of any of the vehicles being held for anything. In other words, he loses or closes down, customers can still claim their vehicles which was my main concern.

Anyhow let me see what I find out tomorrow - seems like a good idea but again you are out 10 miles from the port and then again his prices to cruisers are pretty good.

Will post tomorrow after I have been there ok?

Will definitely check back for your info. The PC CofC should pay you! You've helped so many cruisers.

Will definitely check back for your info. The PC CofC should pay you! You've helped so many cruisers.

thank you so much for the compliment but, if I was cruising, I would want for someone to kinda hold my hand and give me suggestions of places to go, places to see, things to do etc and also check out places that are recommended so that I wouldn't come back from a cruise and find out my vehicle is no where to be found or places I could stay within reason - if we follow the golden rule, we all would be in a better place and besides that I have had the opportunity to really meet some great and sincere friends which many have been keepers and the best part, it didn't cost anyone anything for that friendship - Cruise Critic has been more than just an information board, they really have been great about allowing

folks to really share their information and feelings without anyone getting into trouble and I feel they really are due some recognization for all that they offer everyone - nope not a member of CC or anything - just a thought I wanted to share

Meanwhile everyone have a great weekend - I will be heading "home" for a couple of day and Preston the one that started all the stuff on Cape Cananveral will be around even more to help everyone and anyone. Hubby and I are heading to Key West to see some of our dear friends and enjoy some real conch food -

Bye for now :)

As I promised, I just came back from Park and Sail, did meet the owner name Jim and he discussed several things with me - he rents the property he is using for the vehicles and the property is right behind a bail bond office where he has his office. The property does need some pampering, but he told me that he has only had this business for about 10 months and as soon as he gets on his feet, he intends to put in ashault for the vehicles to be parked on - the property is well lit and the security is done by the bail bonding place. He has one large van that he transports his customers to the ships.

He seemed to be very nice and assured me that if anything had to happen, he does carry insurance. Now I would like for someone who has used Park and Sail to come on and give us an insight as to what their thoughts are. I choose not to make anymore comment until someone with experience does post their thoughts.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

BTW - I did ask Norm for his thoughts and he was very honest and said he would not have any problem leaving his truck there so you have heard it from a man that is extremely fussy about his truck

:)

As I promised, I just came back from Park and Sail, did meet the owner name Jim and he discussed several things with me - he rents the property he is using for the vehicles and the property is right behind a bail bond office where he has his office. The property does need some pampering, but he told me that he has only had this business for about 10 months and as soon as he gets on his feet, he intends to put in ashault for the vehicles to be parked on - the property is well lit and the security is done by the bail bonding place. He has one large van that he transports his customers to the ships.

He seemed to be very nice and assured me that if anything had to happen, he does carry insurance. Now I would like for someone who has used Park and Sail to come on and give us an insight as to what their thoughts are. I choose not to make anymore comment until someone with experience does post their thoughts.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

BTW - I did ask Norm for his thoughts and he was very honest and said he would not have any problem leaving his truck there so you have heard it from a man that is extremely fussy about his truck

:)

Thanks for all the time you've invested in this, Shirley!!

I also want to thank you for your time and trouble Shirley. If no one else comments about the parking lot, then we will probably check it out when we get down there. If it looks ok we'll stay - if not we'll just go on over to the port. Thanks again!

Has anyone driven by to check on this yet? I called the gentleman and talked to him this morning. He said he can take us over to the port around 10-ish and then the day we return, we would just give him a call when we are ready to be picked up. He said he is about 10 miles to the port. He picks up as early as 6:30am. He said the lot is well lit and fenced in. Also attached to a security company. No charge for the shuttle (of course I'm sure he would accept a tip.) We may use him on Oct 24th for FOS. If we get there and don't like what we see, we can always just head over to the port.

Please post back with your experience. I'm interested.

Thanks for all the time you've invested in this, Shirley!!

Thanks so much for your vote of confidence - listen someone has to kinda give each of those coming here, a more or less extended hand of friendship so that when folks get here, all have some kind of idea of what to expect - If I went to someone's hometown, I would like it if that person could fill me in on places, things and stuff - sure makes the knots in the stomach calm down and it doesn't feel so scary doesn't it? Well that is why I do it and I care :)

Again, my pleasure

We also drove by coming home from working at the port. It is 10 min from the port, around 7 to 8 miles. We overshot driving by. As was already mentioned it is located with a bail bond, the sign (blue & white) Bail Bond is large and Park & Sail right below it. We missed seeing the lot because it was behind the bail bond building. Left side of road going north or west side of US1. It is a small grassy area. My DH estimated maybe 50 cars max, 8 were there. A very high chain link fence with barbed wire.

We would park there, also.

We 'may' (Keeping fingers crossed ... lol) be able to park our car at a friend's condo in Port Canaveral. Is there more than one taxi co. to use from condo to pier and then back again? Any telephone numbers? Thank you!

there is one math issue to consider (I was a math major in college)

He is 7 or 8 miles from the port and has one shuttle van. So all in all you can expect a shuttle once every how many minutes? Speed limits probably average 40 thru the trip but there is also load/unload and a few stop lights. He's farther out than the rental car places (under 3 miles for the farthest) .... don't know the frequency of runs they are able to maintain (some have more than 1 van) but just something to think about.

I'm thinking 30 minutes PLUS for a round trip/ betweet trips . . . but just guessing . . . if it matters to you.

Archived