Sapphire Princess Questions??

waltocruiser

We have to decide in a couple of days regarding our winter trip on the Sapphire Princess (Hawaii). We would appreciate any current information about how the ship is doing. You know - food, cleanliness, service and how the a/c is working. Also, any thoughts on taking HA’s Zaandam instead?

Thanks

:)

We were on the Sapphire the first week of August and found the food, cleanliness and service to be great.

The a/c in my sons' cabin was fine...in our cabin, it never got as cool as I'd like. Last year, we had the opposite (our cabin was cool, sons' was not). Some of the public rooms seemed a bit warm to me, but I think that was due to us being in Alaska and it not being that warm there? Plus, I tend to be a bit warm....so maybe not the best judge. :)

We have to decide in a couple of days regarding our winter trip on the Sapphire Princess (Hawaii). We would appreciate any current information about how the ship is doing. You know - food, cleanliness, service and how the a/c is working. Also, any thoughts on taking HA’s Zaandam instead?

Thanks

I never have had a serious problem on any Princess ship. Or HAL ship for that matter.

We had three balcony cabins in July and all were kept clean, the common areas were clean. The food in the Horizon Court was okay, nothing special, but we enjoyed the meals in the International DR very much. The only thing I did not like was the venison, but my sister seemed to enjoy hers.

Thanks

Hello we are just of the Sapphire Sep 22nd and thought the ship look very good and our room was very very clean :-) As for the AC we have not seen any problem with. The food was good for the exception of the buffet area but that we think is because it was only a 2 day cruise.

sea ya

Eric

We were on the Sapphire in May and enjoyed every part of our cruise. Food was good to very good and we didn't have any problems with the Horizon Court. However, it did get crowded and there is not a good traffic pattern once you get in the gate. It was nice to have an outside pool and covered pool since we were in Alaska. Too cold to swim outside except one day. We liked it so much that we booked another cruise on Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera.

We were also on the Sapphire the first week of August and had a great cruise. We never ate in the Horizon Court. The food in the dining room was excellent. But you can't go wrong with HAL either. I'd go with whichever you can get the best deal on.

Archived