hampton inn-mystery hotel

maryevelyn

I apologize for not looking back, or going to Princess, but, this is easier :o Not really a drinker so never encountered. What is Princess's policy on bringing wine on board. Can you open it in your room with no corkage charge, or must u bring to dining room & pay for them to open. My friend likes wine, I don't like the prices, lol. I'm asking here because above someone mentioned the policy.

Thanks everyone, our cruise is getting closer, Jan. 7, stay at the Hampton Inn Jan 6 sail , have not confirmed yet with hotel. Need to do that. :D

Smooth sailing to all!!

Marianne

Enjoy your soon to happen cruise!!

Would appreciate a posting to this thread after your stay at the Hampton with any info that would be helpful.

We will be at the Hampton on the 4th of February, sailing on the Oasis on the 5th.

Happy cruising!

Dick

Enjoy your soon to happen cruise!!

Would appreciate a posting to this thread after your stay at the Hampton with any info that would be helpful.

We will be at the Hampton on the 4th of February, sailing on the Oasis on the 5th.

Happy cruising!

Dick

Will do. Can't believe its only a few days away.....:D

Ah this is the site I've been looking for. Thanks for the info confirming this is a nice hotel.

Can you buy alchol other than wine at kmart?

Has anyone taken a cab from the Hampton to the boardwalk? Any info on that would be appreciated. We arrive 9:30am the day before & want to find something to do.

Does anyone yet have an exact cab fare from the hotel to the pier? We like to go early so may find another couple to share a cab.

We stayed in this area before (at the Comfort Inn) but couldn't find sweet tomatos. Can you walk to it & in which direction?

Thanks

Tweety - We'll be staying at this Hampton post cruise 3/27. My daughter loves Sweet Tomatoes. I'll report back if we eat there!!

We ate at a Sweet tomatoes about 5 years ago, and it was a nice buffet, huge salad bar, looking forward to trying it again. We leave 4/2 thats before you get back. Enjoy.

The Hampton Inn Stirling Rd website states that it's rooms are currently undergoing renovations.

Can anyone who has stayed there recently give us some information? Any hassles? Completion date? Extent of renovations?

Or let us know if you go in the near future.

Thanks.

The Hampton Inn Stirling Rd website states that it's rooms are currently undergoing renovations.

Can anyone who has stayed there recently give us some information? Any hassles? Completion date? Extent of renovations?

Or let us know if you go in the near future.

Thanks.

I stayed there 2 weeks ago; I didn't notice any renovations being done. I had a nice, clean, quiet room; the staff were all very nice and helpful; no hassles at all with the shuttle from the airport, or to Port Everglades, and a wide variety of hot/cold foods for breakfast.(The coffee was great-10 times better than on the cruise ship!)

Ah this is the site I've been looking for. Thanks for the info confirming this is a nice hotel.

Can you buy alchol other than wine at kmart?

Has anyone taken a cab from the Hampton to the boardwalk? Any info on that would be appreciated. We arrive 9:30am the day before & want to find something to do.

Does anyone yet have an exact cab fare from the hotel to the pier? We like to go early so may find another couple to share a cab.

We stayed in this area before (at the Comfort Inn) but couldn't find sweet tomatos. Can you walk to it & in which direction?

Thanks

I've only seen wine at K-Mart, but there is a BJ's Wholesale next door and I've been told you don't need a membership to buy alcohol.

Yes, you can walk to Sweet Tomatoes. It's not that far, maybe a quarter to half a mile to the southwest into the mall. On the way you will pass Moonlite Diner, Home Depot, Wendys, Miller's Ale House, TGI Friday's, Dave and Buster's, Sal's Italian Ristorante and it's just before Red Lobster.

I called the hotel to make sure they had my Bookit reservation for my cruise next month. I asked about the renovations and was told that it's now all completed, and that all it entailed was replacing the carpeting in the rooms. (I was hoping that it involved replacing the tube tvs with flat screens, but apparently not.) ;)

I called the hotel to make sure they had my Bookit reservation for my cruise next month. I asked about the renovations and was told that it's now all completed, and that all it entailed was replacing the carpeting in the rooms. (I was hoping that it involved replacing the tube tvs with flat screens, but apparently not.) ;)

Good to know. Thanks!

I just stayed at this Hampton on Jan. 5. Here's a few notes about the hotel:

Overall, it's a pretty nice place. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty standad Hampton. There are stores and such within a very short walk (K-Mart, clothing stores, etc). We took a cab to the closest Water Taxi station downtown and it cost $25. We then took the Water Taxi all day and down to Hollywood Boardwalk. Cab back from the boardwalk was not easy to find (i'd recommend you call) and cost $21. The shuttle from the airport was quick--we called after we got our luggage and it took less than 15 minutes. Sign up for the shuttle to the port right when you check in--they divide up the cruise lines by time, i.e. Crown Princess at 10:30, Oasis at 10:45, etc. No issues getting from hotel to port, and it was all free. Overall, I was pretty pleased with the experience. My only complaint is that the hotel website states that all rooms are smoke free (they are not) and that the front desk was not well informed about the locality (they told me the cab downtown would be $15 (it was $25) and that the stores were a 15 minute walk (it was 5)).

I just stayed at this Hampton on Jan. 5. Here's a few notes about the hotel:

Overall, it's a pretty nice place. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty standad Hampton. There are stores and such within a very short walk (K-Mart, clothing stores, etc). We took a cab to the closest Water Taxi station downtown and it cost $25. We then took the Water Taxi all day and down to Hollywood Boardwalk. Cab back from the boardwalk was not easy to find (i'd recommend you call) and cost $21. The shuttle from the airport was quick--we called after we got our luggage and it took less than 15 minutes. Sign up for the shuttle to the port right when you check in--they divide up the cruise lines by time, i.e. Crown Princess at 10:30, Oasis at 10:45, etc. No issues getting from hotel to port, and it was all free. Overall, I was pretty pleased with the experience. My only complaint is that the hotel website states that all rooms are smoke free (they are not) and that the front desk was not well informed about the locality (they told me the cab downtown would be $15 (it was $25) and that the stores were a 15 minute walk (it was 5)).

Thanks for the update.

And for the information about the Water Taxi and taxi's back and forth. That is helpful information. This will be our first trip to Fort Lauderdale. We are coming in on Friday for sailing on Saturday on the Oasis. Any suggestions for dining ? Was the Water Taxi worth the cost?

Many Thanks!

Personally, I think the water taxi was worth it, but we flew down on Thursday and spent pretty much all day on Friday on the taxi (and didn't even have time to go all the way north to the mall). Seeing all the big mansions along the river was pretty cool, actually. We stopped at the little shopping district to the west of downtown (stop 9?) and near stop 5, which is the beach. The taxis come and go pretty frequently--I think there is one going the direction you want every half hour or so at each stop. One of the best things was that your regular water taxi ticket gets you a free ride down to the Hollywood Boardwalk and back, although this takes some time (they said it takes "20 minutes" but actually took closer to 50 one way). If you have time, I think the water taxi was actually a great way to see Fort Lauderdale and really not too expensive when you think about how far $20/ticket gets you all day.

As for eating, the Water Taxi people have lots of suggestions and discounts of places at each stop. There isn't too much within walking distance of the hotel, but fiancee and I love Chipotle (across the street) so we ate there.

The water taxi sounds great. We are planning on using them next year. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in the past and liked it. We may try to stay there next year or get something closer to the water taxis. I liked the convenience of the airport and port shuttles, a definite plus for the Hampton Inn.

Archived