Bon Voyage Experience

AlaskaFan05

We are traveling on Nov 20th out of San Pedro, CA and my brother, who lives nearby, is going to meet us at the pier just to visit for about an hour. I never knew there was a possibility of him seeing the ship. How would I go about arranging for this? Am I understanding it correctly that you can pay to have a guest board the ship and look around before it departs that afternoon? This would be great!!

Is it a guided tour, or do we just show the guest around ourselves? Is there going to be a sales pitch, because my brother would hate that! Can we skip the picture? He wouldn't care for that either. He's a rather cynical person and not into the rah-rah that would occur with a sales pitch. If you have done this, please give me some more details about how it all went. Thanks!!!

Apparently they don't do it every week on a particular itinerary. I just called to get my brother signed up for it, and he checked and said they are doing it the week after me, but not on the week I am going. He said they do it about every 2nd or 3rd outing of a particular ship. Darn!!

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently they don't do it every week on a particular itinerary. I just called to get my brother signed up for it, and he checked and said they are doing it the week after me, but not on the week I am going. He said they do it about every 2nd or 3rd outing of a particular ship. Darn!!

I just found the same thing. We're sailing on the Emerald out of Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 28, and I was hoping to see my sister, who lives in Ft. Meyers but would have been happy to drive over to see us off. Apparently, they're offering the BVE on Dec. 8 and Dec. 18, but not on Dec. 28. The explanation was vague: something about not having the resources to handle the logistics for it that day...?:confused: I was REALLY disappointed - it would have been a great way to visit with family I won't be seeing over the holidays, and to give her a chance to check out the ship. Oh, well, maybe next year... And, just to be extra sure, maybe I'll call again. You never know - another agent, a different answer??? :o

If anyone has done the Bon Voyage out of San Pedro, what time did you board the ship? I would like to have my mom come on the Sapphire for my 50th birthday cruise.

My sisters are doing this when I sail on the Sapphire out of San Pedro next month. Princess told us to be ready for priority boarding at 11am.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be doing this with my DS and DIL in March in San Pedro. I am guessing they would just park in the regular parking lot and pay for one day. If any of you have done this out of San Pedro, I would like to know about parking. We were told by Princess we could board at 11:00. I am so excited for them to be able to come aboard the ship. They have dropped us off many times.

Archived