Cabin Information on Eurodam - Help Needed!

oreilln

I plan on going on the April 9th transatlantic on Eurodam, first time on HAL. Looking for help with cabins. Checked Joanies excellent information but still not sure on the following. Re N1012 and N1011, I know they are for disabled and they look quite big on the deck plan but are they? And do they have that nice sofa configuration or do I need to upgrade to CAT J for that? Also considering a verandah cabin, CAT VF on Upper Promenade, I know they have the steel balcony but I am more concerned about size...They seem to be larger and this is important to me. Just generally not sure if verandah is worth the extra money since i went on Cunard transatlantic before and theres lots of days you dont get to use your balcony! Thanks in anticipation, I have just discovered these boards and think they're great! I dont like reviews that are too negative since I always enjoy cruises but equally I love getting so much useful information.

I am Irish and spend part of the year in Naples, Florida where I have a vacation home rental business and part on this side of the Atlantic so I guess transatlantic will suit me very well!

A family member had N1012 on Noordam and it did have the corner sofa and lots of room around the bed. The bathroom does not have the step up from the cabin and the shower also has no lip.

You will be very close to the front elevators. Even though it is close to the theatre there was no noticable noise from that area.

It's a great cabin to book. Enjoy!

I plan on going on the April 9th transatlantic on Eurodam, first time on HAL. Looking for help with cabins. Checked Joanies excellent information but still not sure on the following. Re N1012 and N1011, I know they are for disabled and they look quite big on the deck plan but are they? And do they have that nice sofa configuration or do I need to upgrade to CAT J for that? Also considering a verandah cabin, CAT VF on Upper Promenade, I know they have the steel balcony but I am more concerned about size...They seem to be larger and this is important to me. Just generally not sure if verandah is worth the extra money since i went on Cunard transatlantic before and theres lots of days you dont get to use your balcony! Thanks in anticipation, I have just discovered these boards and think they're great! I dont like reviews that are too negative since I always enjoy cruises but equally I love getting so much useful information.

I am Irish and spend part of the year in Naples, Florida where I have a vacation home rental business and part on this side of the Atlantic so I guess transatlantic will suit me very well!

If you aren't disabled and don't need N1012 or N1011 for medical reasons, please don't book these cabins. There aren't many cabins available for disabled people, so if you book one just because you want a bigger cabin, you will be making it harder for a disabled person to cruise.

There is a persistent myth that an able bodied person will be moved out of a handicap accessible cabin, if a disabled person needs that cabin. It isn't true. Once the cabin has been booked, it is taken out of inventory and will not be available for someone who genuinely needs it.

If you aren't disabled and don't need N1012 or N1011 for medical reasons, please don't book these cabins. There aren't many cabins available for disabled people, so if you book one just because you want a bigger cabin, you will be making it harder for a disabled person to cruise.

There is a persistent myth that an able bodied person will be moved out of a handicap accessible cabin, if a disabled person needs that cabin. It isn't true. Once the cabin has been booked, it is taken out of inventory and will not be available for someone who genuinely needs it.

I understand what your saying, but if the OP doesn't book it the next person will and they may not 'need it' either. They should hold a few of these cabins until 90 days out to make sure there is a cabin should someone who needs it can actually get it.

• 3 weeks later...
I understand what your saying, but if the OP doesn't book it the next person will and they may not 'need it' either. They should hold a few of these cabins until 90 days out to make sure there is a cabin should someone who needs it can actually get it.

Thanks everyone for help. I wasnt specifically looking for a disabled cabin for extra space but they were the only cabins left available in that category at that rate which is why I was wondering.

In the end, we opted for a verandah cabin and we are now booked!

Archived