Discussions vs Rollcalls

Trickie Dickie

I dislike the fact that the Gay & Lesbian Cruisers Category is overwhelmed by roll calls. My discussion posts get buried quickly by roll call posts and therefore are missed by mostly everyone and are lost. We should have 2 subsections of Gay and Lesbian Cruisers: Roll Calls and Discussions!!! :D

What do you think? Quick before this vanishes under 100 roll call posts! :p

My Partner and I are an openly Gay couple and sometimes we feel we have

information to share which is helpful to other Gay couples.

I dislike the fact that the Gay & Lesbian Cruisers Category is overwhelmed by roll calls. My discussion posts get buried quickly by roll call posts and therefore are missed by mostly everyone and are lost. We should have 2 subsections of Gay and Lesbian Cruisers: Roll Calls and Discussions!!! :D

What do you think? Quick before this vanishes under 100 roll call posts! :p

Make a suggetion to the moderator: Host Tyler

I tend not to visit the boards much either, because it does seem to be all roll calls. I did post a thread here once about travel to Jamaica and nearly had my gay card taken away. It was my first, and hopefully last, experienced being flamed. I very rarely see discussion threads. Seeing more of them would be nice.

-Danny

I tend not to visit the boards much either, because it does seem to be all roll calls. I did post a thread here once about travel to Jamaica and nearly had my gay card taken away. It was my first, and hopefully last, experienced being flamed. I very rarely see discussion threads. Seeing more of them would be nice.

-Danny

Don't worry too much about the trolls Danny - they are everywhere, even in the gay community. (I also posted a thread about the Caribbean and being gay) got some people trolling, but the positive info outweighed them.

Thanks for the opinion on the separation!

And good luck folks for getting some action from the folks that help run this place :)

No, I'm not saying we should duplicate anything. I'm saying I would like to separate gay roll calls from gay discussion. If there are gay and lesbian discussions going on somewhere else on Cruise Critic I wish you would point me there! :D

oh how stupid:o of me to surmise you wanting to discuss all things related to cruise ships gay or not. Now I understand you want a board dedicated to gay talk, or am I once again missing it:confused:? whatever, goodluck.

Ian

A couple of days go by with no posts and poof! this post is at the bottom of page 2 buried by roll calls. Nobody from CC has responded as of yet.

Grumble! :mad:

I rest my case your honours! :D At least this update will put this back to the top of the pile for a couple of days!

-Danny

I recall that thread, and to be honest I felt that although it was heated, it was never unpleasant - apart from a couple of "outraged" type postings. I thought you made your points very well and as you are probably well aware by now:), Jamaica is a hot potato, especially on this board. The thread is still open, which is an indication that the content didn't descend into a shouting match or to a point where the content was either locked or deleted.

You should follow some of the threads on the main boards to see how vicious and vitriolic some posters are. One recent thread concerning the very sad news of the death of an employee on board a ship turned downright ugly, and I was appalled at some of the posts.

-Danny

I didn't know about Jamaica until this response to my post. So I appreciate it and I have read the post you've refered to and it's responses. I'm guilty of going to Jamaica, I confess. :( We will never go there again! And we will discourage others as well. I talked to my TA about it this week. She didn't know this either and will inform others.

I really didn't like Jamaica as we didn't feel safe from the moment we got off the ship. We were there in 2009 on Voyager of the Seas. We went to Doctor's Cave Beach by bus where 3 different staff tried to sell me drugs during the day. I was also offered companionship wink wink by a woman wearing water wings. :D I swam away quickly. Egad if she only knew! :eek:

I checked out the stops on our next 2 cruises and those countries look okay for gay people to go to. I really never gave much thought about it so I am grateful to learn this and will check from now on. :)

Cheers!

I agree Ikelmay, it didn't get near as bad as what I've seen in many of the boards, thank goodness. I didn't take shots back either, which may have helped. I now realize that it is a hot potato, but then it was a genuine request for advice. One of the remarks were something like how could I live with myself? That was a little far for me, and uncalled for. I live very comfortably with myself. I also know that this anonymous format makes it easier for people to be more hateful and unkind than they would usually be otherwise. I try not to contribute to that.

Trickie Dickie - Thanks for bringing this up on the boards first of all. Second, I had the exact opposite experience in Ochos Rios. My partner and I took a carnival sponsored excursion to Dunns River Falls, a plantation, and shopping. We kept our rings on and did nothing to hide our matching tattoos on our legs. We were just ourselves and it was pretty obvious we were a couple. Our guides on the falls offered to take our pictures together, the guides at the plantation were wonderful, and I can't think of one negative thing to say with the exception of the government's position on gay rights. I attribute our pleasant experience to Carnival's obvious efforts to give their guests a good experience there.

-Danny

Looks like there is a new Gay and Lesbian Cruiser Roll Call Forum!!! :D

I have no idea if it was a result of this post as no one contacted me. Crickets. ;)

However the end result is was I was looking for. I'm very happy! :D:D:D

Trickie,

It was as a result of your post. I emailed the community manager because I thought it was a really good idea and apparently, she agreed.

I had no idea what was going on with all the moved threads-now I know.

We've never found any other gays or lesbians through this board. Apparently we're picking unpopular cruises. I just join the regular roll calls for upcoming cruises and have met several great straight people through them. We end up meeting our fellow lesbian and gay passengers on board.

On both straight cruise before we started doing RSVP, we met other gay couples both times. One of those couples joined us on the RSVP Curacao cruise last February and had a blast!

It looks as if a number of the Roll Calls have been moved, but how do you do it? I've posted a Roll Call for the HAL Westerdam on November 26, 2010...how and WHERE should I stick it (no puns please LOL, we're G rated here!:confused:

Take a look towards the top of this page (below the banned ad) - there is a section on Sub-Forums where they have moved all the G&L Roll Calls

Archived