Any christians interested in doing a group cruise???

deanswife1990

WOO HOO!!!

A Christian CC Cruise!!! This is EXACTLY how you begin to gather interest!!!

I can't believe anyone would think differently if you posted it on here!!!

Just pick a ship and see how much interest you have in that ... I know for me, embarkation port makes a difference in my plans...

I have no problem with your post. Everyone likes to be around people they are similar to. I love being around fellow non-believers. I feel more at ease around them and we tend to have a similar view on things and our values are more a like. Not that I can't be around religious people just that I don't get where they are coming from sometimes or I think they are a little off.

All that being said. I too recommend going through your church. 77% of the American population calls themselves Christians. That's a LOT Of diversity. Chances are the majority of the people on your recent cruise were Christian. I think what you are looking for is something a little more narrowed so your local church is a great place to start. If you go to a small church then check out a local mega church that is the same denomination. They will likely have a cruise or something coming up. My old church did that all the time.

I have no problem with your post. Everyone likes to be around people they are similar to. I love being around fellow non-believers. I feel more at ease around them and we tend to have a similar view on things and our values are more a like. Not that I can't be around religious people just that I don't get where they are coming from sometimes or I think they are a little off.

All that being said. I too recommend going through your church. 77% of the American population calls themselves Christians. That's a LOT Of diversity. Chances are the majority of the people on your recent cruise were Christian. I think what you are looking for is something a little more narrowed so your local church is a great place to start. If you go to a small church then check out a local mega church that is the same denomination. They will likely have a cruise or something coming up. My old church did that all the time.

I kinda agree with the fact you stated about people being around people they are similar too.. but what I will say is that religion and politics are taboo to many people and in order to find likes and dislikes for people (this is my personal opinion).. those two things should not be brought into the picture... if that was the case I wouldn't be with my hubby of 10yrs...:D

Many people will get along great and have no issues.. until those 2 things are brought up.. but I find if you become friends before and these topics come up it can be brushed off as differing opinions...:)

Anyways I hope you can get your group going.. but as mentioned in other posts you can not change others on the ship to your liking.. there are all kinds that make this world go around.. and that is why we are all here;)

Anyways I hope you can get your group going.. but as mentioned in other posts you can not change others on the ship to your liking.. there are all kinds that make this world go around.. and that is why we are all here;)

I don't want to change the others on the ship. I just want to have some others join me that are in someway like me. I know that everyone is different and even possibly starting a group like this there will be diversity within the group itself. Which is great. We all learn from each other.

I don't want to change the others on the ship. I just want to have some others join me that are in someway like me. I know that everyone is different and even possibly starting a group like this there will be diversity within the group itself. Which is great. We all learn from each other.

Awesome.. if you go with that mentality I think you will have the best cruise ever... as everyone is there for a good time and you should and could find lots that follow your beliefs even if they don't they could become life long friends with different beliefs that you still get along with...;) I wish you all the best:)

I'm going to respectfully bow out of this thread now. It was truly never my intention to offend or attack anyone but simply to state my view on the matter. I do feel pretty strongly that CC shouldn't be in the business of endorsing religious groups, but if that's the case then I wish everyone the best and maybe it's time for me to end my days at CC. :)

To each his own.

I do feel pretty strongly that CC shouldn't be in the business of endorsing religious groups, but if that's the case then I wish everyone the best and maybe it's time for me to end my days at CC. :)
CC is hardly "endorsing" anything. They should be commended for NOT excluding the OP's request for possible group cruise info based solely on religious beliefs.

Methinks you have the entire concept backwards.

CC is hardly "endorsing" anything. They should be commended for NOT excluding the OP's request for possible group cruise info based solely on religious beliefs.

Methinks you have the entire concept backwards.

I was trying to write something like that above, and couldn't get it right (no coffee yet), so I gave up. You said it much better than I could have.

I would.....but it might be hard to get a group to agree on a week. I don't sail during the winter because snow might delay flights....and who wants to come home from 85 degrees to a snowstorm? :o

I do! LOL I find the different ideas so interesting. We prefer to cruise in winter so get a break from it. We always to a day or two early and have never had a missed flight. :)

I would consider it. Thanks for bringing it up. Your concern about being flamed is understandable and it's sad that society has come to this point.

You would get a surprisingly diverse group. I drink a bit. On a cruise less than 1/day average. Don't gamble though. At least not amateur. I raise cattle and once you've done it (gambled) professionally for years, doing it for recreation has little interest. But diversity if handled respectfully can be enriching.

I haven't read all the posts but I wonder if there would be this level of criticism if a Friends of Dor%*#y group wanted to do the same? The criticism would probably be considered a hate crime. Don't know who Friends of Dor%*#y is? If so you'd be surprised.

Archived