weather in French Polynesia in December

dovershore

Hi,

Just about to book a Holiday Cruise on Paul Gaugin- great deal- but is it wise to travel to that part of the world in December? has anyone been there during this time/ please advise as we need to make plans soon!

Thanks,

Sylvia

I was there the December before last. The weather was great. I believe we were lucky, it's not always so good, but I wouldn't hesitate to take the chance.

We were doing the Marquesas route, and I had read that this is the "dry" season in that archipelago. It was--we had just one tropical downpour on one island, no storms at all, glassy water coming and going.

The Society Islands (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea) were hot and humid, more so than May, but not uncomfortably so.

Wendy's experience was also ours in December of 2005. Maybe a LITTLE hotter, a little more humid (but only noticable inland). We saw no more weather (the most weather we have seen in five sailings was last June).

I wonder if it just SEEMS hotter in December because we Northern Hemisphere folks are in the dead of winter (although Newport Beach is not exactly arctic)?

I didn't feel the humidity as did Wendy. I found the weather to be delightful and very mild.

Come spend the winter just a few miles north (and 4000' up) from you and it SEEMS hotter and more humid!:cool:. OK, so we are not the great white north like Wendy, but we did have three foot of snow in 2005 when we left for Papeete!

Thank you all for your responses. Trip is booked and we are very excited. Have heard nothing but good things about PG cruises.

Hello are you on the Paul Gaugain the 4th of Dec? My husband and I from the Netherlands will be there Greetings Melanie

Hi,

We will be on the Christmas cruise. Getting sooooo excited!

We will be celebrating not only Xmas, but our 30th wedding anniversary...

Hopefully ( I don't want to jinx it) also our younger son's obtaining his Master's degree in theoretical Physics. Hoping there will be some young people on the cruise so that he can hang out with people his age ( early 20's!). I'm rambling- what does this have to do with the weather?

Thank you all for your responses.

Sylvia

Archived