Jeep Wrangler Island Tour Cayman Islands

bronsong

Has anyone done the shore excursion "Jeep Wrangler Tour and Snorkel?" The description says drive "carvan" style around the west side of the island and stops for 2 hours at 7 mile beach. We're thinking of doing this but weren't sure if you spend alot of time waiting for other drivers and are we better off just doing it on our own. Can you rent your own jeep wrangler?

I know Andy's, the company we usually use when we need to rent, has Jeeps - http://www.andys.ky/vehicles.php

Cayman Auto Rentals, one of the other local companies also seems to have them - we've never used them, but others here on CC have. Their website is http://www.caymanautorentals.com.ky/Cars/

I'm sure most of the other major US chains have them available too...most have an office on the island, likely near the airport. Check your preferred companies and I'm sure you'll find one of them has one available.

Cayman is a really nice, safe island, and relatively easy to get around. Lots of cruisers rent a car and go sightseeing on their own, and there are lots of threads on that topic in this forum.

Keep in mind that they drive on the left, and use a lot of roundabouts instead of traffic lights. That can throw a lot of people off if they're not expecting it... :D

If we didn't do this one, it was very similar. Drove to a resort where we could snorkel, but the water was too rough. Spent time in their pool. Only thing I didn't like was there was, of course, no running commentary. He would stop every so often at a marina, in the mangroves, etc. and point something out. Did not have problem with people keeping. Have to be careful as you drive on the wrong side of the road. Ended up at a report on 7 mile beach for about two hours. Got to see some of the island, we had not seen before. Since we had been there several times, it was something different.

I really like Rum Point the best. It was not on this tour, but a couple of years later, we took a private, guided tour of the island. Like it a lot better than this one, but it was through Javia Shaw and he has since moved back to Jamacia.

Archived