Princess Grill Review Oct 7-12

vi-guy

This is our 2nd time on the Queen and this was by far Superior to the first (which we loved). I am a fussy person and service was flawless in the Grill, You felt like you have arrived. the classic elegance of the Queen shines it looks brand new and is maintained flawlessly. Watching the Black and White ball was beautiful. Beautiful people dancing in beautiful cloths under beautiful crystal chandeliers while listening to beautiful music, a sight to behold. We enjoyed the personalized formal service in the queens grill lounge every evening before dinner. Cunard style is formal, classic and elegant and refined, IT truly holds up to its marketing promises. Last time we were in Queens Grill, (which at that point you know you have arrived) we loved Queens Grill but felt there was room for great improvment but it seems to have been taken care of. We took full advantage of the lecture series and enjoyed not hearing blasting over the loud speakers about jackpot bingo like other ships.. If you do not like this style of travel then this is defiantly not the ship for you. Was it perfect? no, nothing is, is there room for improvement, always and by the way I was on the rescue voyage and people did not complain on the whole, some were just unnerved about the shore excursion changes.

Long live Cunard!

This is our 2nd time on the Queen and this was by far Superior to the first (which we loved). I am a fussy person and service was flawless in the Grill, You felt like you have arrived. the classic elegance of the Queen shines it looks brand new and is maintained flawlessly. Watching the Black and White ball was beautiful. Beautiful people dancing in beautiful cloths under beautiful crystal chandeliers while listening to beautiful music, a sight to behold. We enjoyed the personalized formal service in the queens grill lounge every evening before dinner. Cunard style is formal, classic and elegant and refined, IT truly holds up to its marketing promises. Last time we were in Queens Grill, (which at that point you know you have arrived) we loved Queens Grill but felt there was room for great improvment but it seems to have been taken care of. We took full advantage of the lecture series and enjoyed not hearing blasting over the loud speakers about jackpot bingo like other ships.. If you do not like this style of travel then this is defiantly not the ship for you. Was it perfect? no, nothing is, is there room for improvement, always and by the way I was on the rescue voyage and people did not complain on the whole, some were just unnerved about the shore excursion changes.

Long live Cunard!

We did Princess Grill last year & are doing Queens this year.Just want to see if it's worth the extra $$. Nice to see proper maritime laws were followed in doing that rescue.

This is our 2nd time on the Queen and this was by far Superior to the first (which we loved). I am a fussy person and service was flawless in the Grill, You felt like you have arrived. the classic elegance of the Queen shines it looks brand new and is maintained flawlessly. Long live Cunard!

I couldn't agree more. I really did think that 'White Star Service' was just a marketing gimmick but after experiencing the Princess Grill I am a total fan of the QM2 and Cunard.

And yes, the ship does look and feel new. We were also impressed with the maintence of the public areas.

Even with the QE just debuting the QM2 is still their flagship and I'm sure they will keep her in tip top shape.

The only thing we noticed that needed repair was many of the seats in the planetarium. They are supposed to recline somewhat, but we found many of them were broken. I'm sure some of this is due to "large" sized pax. On our 2'nd cruise we noticed much the furniture had been replaced in the Chartroom. In talking with a familiar bartender we knew, he told us that the furniture can really take quite a beating. Not wanting to sound critical, but we saw some really large pax. I feel with that much use furniture has a real limited life aboard many ships.

Archived