Bidding for Good

mimito4

There are $500 SeaDream gift certificates available on Biddingforgood dot com. I've bought (and have already applied to our December trip with no problems). I've been watching and each certificate seems to be going for the $100 opening bid. Well, I'm no math whiz, but even I can figure out that that is a savings of $400. This web site is an auction site for various charities, and I'm glad to know that Sea Dream supports that.

I just ran a search and you can go here to see the current ones available and when each auction closes. Just scroll to the bottom of page and click on each individual charity and you'll see how to bid and when the bid ends. In fact, I just noted that one closes tonight!

One thing you should note is that even though I called SeaDream directly before bidding and was told that it was one certificate per person, when I got ready to apply to my final payment, I was told that "certificates cannot be combined and it is one per stateroom." Regardless, it's a great savings and you're doing a good deed. A no-brainer to me.

Wish we could take advantage of these but our final payment was made in August:eek:

Maybe I can talk DJ's Dh into another booking while we are on board in THREE WEEKS and then come home and take advantage of this offer:D

You're welcome. All of the SeaDreamers have been so helpful to me, and I love the positive vibe here, so I wanted you all to know.

One certificate went "unbidded" a couple of weeks ago. Could have been had for a measly $100. The certificates are good through the end of 2011. You friends and posters here should say who is bidding right now so you don't outbid each other--as in try and help each other. Of course, maybe it's just lurkers?

Wow, thank you so much for the heads-up, mimito4! I just placed a bid for the auction ending on the 19th. It's the one that benefits the Walt Whitman Birthplace, and I'm a writer so it seems quite fitting. :-)

Crossing my fingers! Thanks again!

Thanks for acknowledging the tip. Now hopefully no one reading this will bid against you and you'll grab it for opening bid. Best of luck!

BTW, if you win the bid, you will receive the actual certificate via e-mail a couple of weeks after the auction ends. You or your TA will send this in with either final payment or the deposit.

And I'm sending positive thoughts to your husband in his healing, and you in your care-taking.

~ Teresa

Thanks for acknowledging the tip. Now hopefully no one reading this will bid against you and you'll grab it for opening bid. Best of luck!

BTW, if you win the bid, you will receive the actual certificate via e-mail a couple of weeks after the auction ends. You or your TA will send this in with either final payment or the deposit.

~ Teresa

Teresa, how were you informed when you won the bid? Did you get an email and then wait the couple of weeks until the certificate arrived? Or did you not know you won until the certificate arrived? I placed a bid on an auction ending tomorrow, and I'm just trying to cross my t's and dot my i's. Thanks so much for the tip!

Zimmy,

I received an e-mail from the actual charity right away informing me, but I also watched the auction, and saw that I had won on closing. Then about 10 days or so later I received the actual certificate via e-mail from Bidding for Good organization.

This is the e-mail I received from the actual charity:

Congratulations on Your Auction Purchase

You are receiving this message to confirm your purchase or winning bid of Ultra-Luxury 5-Star Service Yacht Vacation- $500 Gift Certificate for $100.00.

The National Gaucher Foundation or the donor of the item(s) you won will ship your item within the next week. If you have any questions, please contact the National Gaucher Foundation by email at cyndi@gaucherdisease.org or by phone at 877-649-2742.

Thank you for contributing to a great cause! You may be eligible for a tax deduction for any amount you paid above the estimated value of this item. Ask your tax preparation expert for details.

Organization: National Gaucher Foundation

Item Name: Ultra-Luxury 5-Star Service Yacht Vacation- $500 Gift Certificate

Lot Number: CMP-101

Number Purchased: 1

Price Each: $100.00

SubTotal: $100.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $100.00

Estimated Value: $500.00

Special Notes or Instructions (as featured on the item's online catalog page):

Please Note: Any travel vouchers, tickets or gift certificates are non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise noted by the vendor in the item's description. In the event they are misplaced, BiddingForGood is not responsible for reimbursement or compensation for the value of the item.

Thank you for supporting Gaucher disease and the National Gaucher Foundation!!

Then, this is the later e-mail I received with the certificate attached from Bidding for Good:

Congratulations! You have won an Ultra-Luxury 5-Star Service Yacht Vacation- $500 Gift Certificate!

Thank you very much for your generous support of National Gaucher Foundation Inc’s BiddingForGood online auction.

Your certificate is attached.

Warmest regards,

Ashley

Terms & Conditions:

* All Yachts embark from non US continental ports. Click here for details.

* $500 US Gift Certificate is valid towards all SeaDream’s Book Today and Save Specials Fares as seen on www.SeaDream.com.

* Voyage must be 7 days or longer.

* Certificate expires on December 31, 2011 and travel must be completed by December 31, 2011.

* Air & ground transportation not included.

* Reservations based on availability and needs to be booked well in advance.

* Has no cash value and cannot be resold.

Donated By:

download?mid=1%5f2147%5fAKCkiGIAACANTLTMhgLEUVQbFJ4&pid=1.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

I won a certificate on the 25th! My final payment will not be due until April, but I think I'll send the certificate to my travel agent and ask her to have Seadream apply it now. Then I'll be done and there will be nothing to remember, which for me is a good thing. Nothing like free money, is there? Thank you again, Mimito, for bringing this to our attention.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was still hesitant about bidding on this site, I am pleased to report that our travel agent has informed me that Seadream has accepted our gift certificate and applied it to the balance due on our July, 2011 sailing. Thanks again, Mimito.

Oh good! It makes me happy to see you all benefiting from my "discovery."

Now I can't wait for my first SeaDream adventure in just 5 weeks. I'll then be able to decide if I should try for another certificate. If I do, you all have to promise me you won't bid against me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived