Just Say Thanks!!!!!

Cruz4Days

• 1 year later...
I have to add aquahound!! His review of Oasis was awesome. I'm going to book a cruise on Oasis while I'm on the Serenade. Thanks, aquahound!

Yes his review of Oasis kept me at fever pitch waiting for our Allure cruise (the first revenue cruise, 5 day Labadee Extravaganza)

I also agree with all the others named. I think it is interesting that the most helpful ones are the long timers. The ones with an ax to grind, seem to grind it and leave, thank goodness.

There is also a lady whose story of her experiences with the Brilliance near disaster read like a novel, and she had a terrific attitude despite some very real , and major, problems.

I love Cruise Critic !!:)

Add, leaveitallbehind, aka Mike, to that list for me. I got to know him months prior to our cruise on Explorer to Bermuda in August on the Meet and Mingle threads. He was a wealth of information, great conversation and entertainment then, on the cruise and still is.

He will henceforth be referred to as my cruising Godfather. I look forward to cruising with him and his wife in the future!!! ...Great people. :)

My biggest thanks go to Familygoboston. Her reviews, Cruise Compass, and excel spreadsheet (for daily activity planning) were essential! I'm very well prepared for my cruise thanks to her! Her Oasis review can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1539995

Also, playafly187's photography is spectacular: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679181

And, BrianAlt has all the answers when it comes to food! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1616438

Scubagirrl on the Bahamas board will take the time to answer all questions about the Bahamas, even though I'm sure the same questions probably show up all the time.

All the names mentioned are on my list. Lets not forget Emmy who brings up the port cams each week, information about them and her great pictures.:D

All the folks who do "live" from onboard deserve a big round of applause. To do that takes up so much time while onboard. I would never be able to keep up. Even the posters with their great reviews and pictures.....A big THANK YOU!

I wanted to add scubagirrl to the list of members already mentioned by everyone. Her many, many posts over on the Bahamas forum have been extremely helpful to me and others. Thanks scubagirrl!

Wow. I just noticed you brought this thread up from 2010...:D

Wow. I just noticed you brought this thread up from 2010...:D

I can't tell if you think digging up an older post is a good thing or a bad thing. :)

Personally, I think it's sad a good-natured topic like this ended up buried under the 3,245 alcohol smuggling, 1,143 dress code, and 979 smoking threads between today and the last time this topic was posted to. :) :) :)

Besides, my mother always told me it's better to add to an existing topic than to start a new one.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Looks like Mom was right...as always :)

Oh and I also wanted to thank Ocean Boy for his many contributions. I find his opinions on just about any subject helpful.

A big thank you to 'cruisenfever'.... always there with a helpful link and info !

And how lucky am I ....cause I get to sail with her next year on Serenade !!!!.our Roll Call will be well informed I'm sure !!!!

Sandra

Thanks to Johneeo, or Philly, for keeping me on my toes and correcting and educating me on my thoughts. I love matching wits with you Philly and really do respect your opinion. To everyone else thanks for all the info I've picked up by reading your stuff without commenting. I think this is my 1000 th post so i don't pass much. You're all great. :)

SailBadtheSinner is invaluable to the Bermuda boards! He gives so much of his time to answer our questions...sometimes it is the same question over and over and it never seems to phase him!

Many others that have been mentioned previously have been great help to me as well! A huge Thank You!

I can't tell if you think digging up an older post is a good thing or a bad thing. :)

Personally, I think it's sad a good-natured topic like this ended up buried under the 3,245 alcohol smuggling, 1,143 dress code, and 979 smoking threads between today and the last time this topic was posted to. :) :) :)

Besides, my mother always told me it's better to add to an existing topic than to start a new one.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Looks like Mom was right...as always :)

Oh and I also wanted to thank Ocean Boy for his many contributions. I find his opinions on just about any subject helpful.

See the smile....:D

Great thread!!

Many posters came to mind, however, Megr & 138east are the clear

winners to me. Ask any question, especially about the Explorer or leaving

from the East Coast, they are a wealth of information.

Radio , CruisenFever, FamilygoBoston, Host Faith, Desertbelle, and

CrookedHalo are also favorites.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the info.

yes his review of oasis kept me at fever pitch waiting for our allure cruise (the first revenue cruise, 5 day labadee extravaganza)

i also agree with all the others named. I think it is interesting that the most helpful ones are the long timers. The ones with an ax to grind, seem to grind it and leave, thank goodness.

There is also a lady whose story of her experiences with the brilliance near disaster read like a novel, and she had a terrific attitude despite some very real , and major, problems.

I love cruise critic !!:)

dirtgirl????:)

I just read this again, not realizing it was an old thread, and I busted out laughing again!

OMG, now you have me busting out and laughing!!!

So many but cruisenfever, bajathree, OceanBoy, aquahound.......I'm sure I could name so many more.

johneeo gets a special shout out for his H2O lessons!!!:D;)

• 4 years later...
There are many threads spotlighting Royal Caribbean’s captains, CDs, concierges, cabin attendants, bartenders, etc. but I don’t recall seeing one spotlighting any of our fellow RCCL Cruise Critic members (I could be wrong)! So, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all of the helpful RCCL Cruise Critic members who take the time to write reviews, answer questions, post pictures, etc. I’m in the process of planning my 10th cruise and wouldn’t be able to do it without all of this great information. I just realized this yesterday when I was searching for information on Aruba and Arubalisa’s name kept coming up with great information and comments. She kindly (never condescending) answers all questions—even though they may have been previously asked. Do you have someone favorite that you’d like to thank, give a high five to?? Or, you can just give a generic thanks!! :)

This is an old thread but I must say thanks to clarea (Bob) for all of the great information. Always answering questions without being rude or condescending. Thank you!