Barefoot Catamaran vs. Jolly Roger at Roatan

bender031177

I asked on the Roatan area and also sent Jolly Roger an email but I still don't have an answer. Does anyone know the difference between the Jolly Roger sail & snorkel excursion vs the Barefoot Catamaran sail & snorkel excursion? They are with the same company but the boat on the Barefoot tour looks much much nicer so we'd like to do that one. But the JR says it includes "open bar" while the BF says "free drink".

Can anyone confirm that the Barefoot Catamaran only includes one free drink? We are a group of 10 who is looking for some snorkelling with an open bar afterward.

Don't judge us, we're not looking for an opinion on whether or not we should drink, just wondering about anyone's experience with these two excursions and what the differences/similarities are.

Thanks!

We did the Barefoot Catamaran this past April and I don't remember being limited to one drink. However, I'm not a big drinker. I can tell you that we had a fabulous time and that the crew were great and went out of their way to be helpful.

Has anyone else done the Barefoot Catamaran tour?

I did the barefoot catamaran tour on my 1st trip to Roatan, maybe 7 yrs ago? If I can remember, the snorkeling was off the far end of what was then Coral Cay and is now called Mahogany Beach. The coral then was vibrant, lots of elkhorns and fans, there was a nice dropoff ledge, and plenty of sea life. While I don't drink, I believe the bar didn't open until the snorkeling was finished and we were returning to the dock, probably for safety issues. I did the same snorkeling from the pier at the end of the beach a few yrs later, and saw some coral bleaching and less fish. If you want to party, then do the JR, if you want decent snorkeling, then do the BC before the coral declines some more..

Archived