MSC drinking policy?

GOLDENBONNY

I can answer one question on your list because I asked MSC today while booking...you cannot bring any liquids on board. I had specifically asked if we could bring on canned soda, case of water and a special bottle of wine for my birthday. I was told no. I hope that helps.

The official policy is no beverages or food to be brought onborad. from both my own experience and those of others who have posted here - it is rare that they enforce this rule. many report having brought drinks aboard in both checked and hand luggag with no issues. Although occasionally someone will enforce the rule and drinks will be retained by them until the end of the cruise when they will be returned to you.

Sometimes if you buy bottles of drinks in the duty free shop, they don't allow you to take these with you to drink onboard but retain for you and deliver to you on the last day of the cruise. (Not sure if that is their rule or perhaps a Customs rule and varies depending on where the ship is sailing)

I can answer one question on your list because I asked MSC today while booking...you cannot bring any liquids on board. I had specifically asked if we could bring on canned soda, case of water and a special bottle of wine for my birthday. I was told no. I hope that helps.

As AmoMondo says, they are a bit hit and miss with the BYO drinks thing.

I had 4 bottles of spirits in my checked luggage (still in the original bottles) that apparently wasn’t detected.

In two of our ports I brought onboard bottles of spirits (purchased onshore) that I decanted into a "rum runner" so that it wouldn’t show up in the X-ray machine ... no probs.

And in every port I brought back at least a six pack of coke zero (only sell Pepsi onboard) which I carried openly and was only questioned once, when they realised it wasn’t beer in the cans they waved me thru.

Andy

Are there drink packages available other than those shown in the "Special Services Packages Canada/New England & Caribbean 2010-2011" link?

Specifically: mixed drinks packages, draft beer package, and water packages?

If so, what are the prices?

Thanks

Archived