Air Deviation questions

KathyPet

We live in the notheast.This year so far with all the snowstorms and airport delays, If using O's air. would they be responsible to get you to the ship at a different port?

Or they just book the air for you and your on your own.I was told by someone who was canceled from a flight because of the weather, they contacted there TA who they booked there flight with and the TA handled there re booking.How would O handle a situation like this.

We live in the notheast.This year so far with all the snowstorms and airport delays, If using O's air. would they be responsible to get you to the ship at a different port?

Or they just book the air for you and your on your own.I was told by someone who was canceled from a flight because of the weather, they contacted there TA who they booked there flight with and the TA handled there re booking.How would O handle a situation like this.

O (or their TA) would help you with the re-booking. However, if you think (as some people might) that the ship would wait for you if you are late just because you booked air with O, you would be dead wrong. The ship only waits for you if you are late on an O booked shorex.

Just another reason to plan to arrive a day or two early (especially T/A).

When we did our Panama Canal cruise a while back on Regatta, we were leaving from Costa Rica. There were a bunch of passengers on O flights who could NOT get to the ship on time. (I forget why, weather I suppose.)

The ship left -- but we were told the reason was that the ships would have lost its slot in the Canal and the captain didn't want to risk that.

I have always guessed that these passengers who booked a Panama Canal cruise did NOT see the Canal.

O (or their TA) would help you with the re-booking. However, if you think (as some people might) that the ship would wait for you if you are late just because you booked air with O, you would be dead wrong. The ship only waits for you if you are late on an O booked shorex.

Just another reason to plan to arrive a day or two early (especially T/A).

I am well aware of that.My only question was would they get you to the next port.I always take O's shore excursions just for that reason. The ship will wait for shore excrsion booked through them.We always come into a port at least 2 to 3 days prior to sailing.This year we are on O's March 2011 crusie to China. We booked there pre crusie in Beijing 2 days before.

At least they did on our Val - BA cruise 5 years ago. Some 26 passengers, included among them friends of ours, had a connection problem (weather related) in the States. They missed at least one port but they finally caught up the ship having had quite an adventure.

For all that have used Oceania Air Deviation, please advise about seat assignments. Were they made at the time of booking or were you allowed to make them yourself prior to departure? Regarding location, were they only in the mid section (4-5 seats across) of the aircraft? We would appreciate any information you might share to help us in making this decision. Thanks in advance!

Hi Glenda!

Are you booked on the June 11, 2011, Marina Baltic cruise?

Judy

We are on the Rio to Barcelona itinerary in 2012. I have never used the cruiseline's air before and have a question of you experts. We are hoping to stay a couple days after the cruise as our sons are both stationed in Europe, so we would be postponing the flight home.

Any idea on the cost of doing so? Thanks!!

We are on the Rio to Barcelona itinerary in 2012. I have never used the cruiseline's air before and have a question of you experts. We are hoping to stay a couple days after the cruise as our sons are both stationed in Europe, so we would be postponing the flight home.

Any idea on the cost of doing so? Thanks!!

Your air deviation costs $100 per person, and you pay for any additional fares which might accrue from the different flights. But, just as you can arrive a few days early in port, you may stay a few days late too.

Now, if you will be flying home from a different location than your cruise ends, I don't have experience with that, so others will have to answer. Your question wasn't specific about that.

Your air deviation costs $100 per person, and you pay for any additional fares which might accrue from the different flights. But, just as you can arrive a few days early in port, you may stay a few days late too.

Now, if you will be flying home from a different location than your cruise ends, I don't have experience with that, so others will have to answer. Your question wasn't specific about that.

We have done an air deviation returning from another city than the one where the cruise ends [Oslo instead of Copenhagen] and there was no upcharge beyond the $100 p.p. deviation fee.

If one uses O's air, can one upgrade to Biz using FF miles or are the economy fares non-upgradeable (my primary school teacher would be horrified with that grammar)?

It depends on the airline, your status and the fare basis. Oceania will book the cheapest fares. (that being L, W and V). On many FF programs these are not upgradeable using FF miles. Example a V cannot be done on Delta, but on UA it can with a co-pay.

Archived