Carnival Holiday? Where is it now?

Toddcan

We have a new ship in at the Port of Palm Beach, call the Grand Celebration, but when it sailed in today there was no mistaking the whaletail on the top. It will do two day cruises to the Bahamas starting in February.

• 6 months later...

Within the past 3-4 days, John Heald posted something on his FB page about having dinner with a friend on the UK coast near his home and seeing the Holiday (or former Holiday) sailing by. Unfortunately I can't find that on his FB page but the Holiday is now the Magellan owned by Cruise and Maritime Voyages out of the UK.

The MS Holiday was our first cruise and it really set the hook with us on cruising as a vacation so we obviously have very, very fond memories of that ship.

I loved the Holiday! I turned platinum on her, and was lucky enough to be on her final Carnival sailing - am still in touch with folks I met on that last sailing. Sailed on her 3 times and while she was a great little ship, her crew was what made her special. I will always remember my platinum cruise - I ordered my first drink o'the day on the lido deck, and the waiter saw my platinum card (still fairly unusual back then, I think?), smiled, and said 'Welcome home, Miss Samantha!' Still makes me smile.

I too missed the Holiday. We were to be on here the day Hurricane Katrina hit. We got to fly to DEN airport and eat a lousy McDonald's lunch and then go home and unpack 6 suitcases instead.

Happily, our family was all safe and didn't have to worry about any damage to our home...The airline did offer to get us to Pensacola. Sure and get evacuated, no thanks!

Holiday, the cruise that never was :(