Suites are now posted for The March Pride Crossing

Martita B.

Matt~~~Gala box's packed.......ready to UPS to the Hotel in Ft. Laud. As to my "glad rags".......have decided on all formal wear and daytime, but haven't started packing. First things first!

The thought just hit me this morning........we're departing on The Ides of March!

We'll be headin' to Bermuda.......surely hope the Sea Gods are kind to us. Last year they were "miffed!" After St. George, the sea was calm as glass.

Happy Sailing!

MB

Matt~~~yes, you bet we'll calm the seas before you! I was in Suite #308 last March, this year, also I'll be staying on Deck 6.......so I'm praying for a smooth Atlantic. Gets kinda rough "hangin' onto the flag pole!" But, there's always the trusty 'ole boiler room. One voyage, I can't remember which one, one evening the sea was unusually rough...... the next morning I heard that the Magellan Lounge was full of guests with their blankets and pillows!

You'll have good weather......we always have beautiful, sunny days on the Crossings.

MB

Martha,

Just visualizing the picture of you on the flag poll in a formal frock.

Priceless.

Maybe when you are wearing the flamingo frock next year. Everyone would be able to see us coming and going.

Of course you know I only wish all of you calm seas.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo~~O.K.......visulize this.....I have a new formal frock I'm wearing this year.....a long black gown with a black feathered jacket! Do you suppose that I will look like a black bird hangin' on to the flagpole???? hahaha Surely glad that we don't shoot skeet on the Pride!

If the 'ole Atlantic gets rough, on a flagpole is exactly how I feel on Deck 6.......but the cool ocean breeze and the wonderful sounds of the sea, coming in from the balcony does soothe and comfort the soul. My birth sign is Pisces, so I'm suppose to love the sea!

Have a grrrreat and safe weekend......

MB

mcboo~~~You are too kind to me.......thanks for your sweet post!

Have you been to St. George, Bermuda? I had never been there until last Pride Crossing.......it is one of the most charming spots I've ever visited!!! Back on board that afternoon, a few of us were comparing notes and we all agreed it would be a fabulous place to go for a week! Some Sailor's said they enjoyed St. George moreso than Hamilton. Truly a picturesque postcard Island getaway!

Happy Sails!

MB

mcboo~~~John B. and I want to plan to go to St. George and rent a small apartment for a week......he talked to a super nice Real Estate lady and she has several she "let's." Itwould be a wonderful place for me to write my book, "Cruisin' With Mama"......

MB

Reader's~~~~a 'lit story on Jewel Grace, my Mother. We had flown from San Antonio, after spending the night at the Marriott, to San Juan. We had boarded the Pride. We went up to the Sky Bar for a big Sail-a-bration at 6 p.m. We had dressed and gone to the dining room for dinner. The next morning we were sitting in Suite 232, having our leisure breakfast and Mother says to me, "WELL, when are we LEAVING???" Stunned, I replied, "Leaving? what do you mean Mother?" She says, " Martha, I would like to KNOW when this ship is leaving!!!" I said, "Mama, we left yesterday.....quite miffed, she answered, "Nobody told ME!!!"

I shrugged my shoulder's and meekly said, "Mother, Captain Rodahl was too busy pulling up the anchor, to come by and tell you"......with that, "WELLL, it is all right THIS TIME, but if you don't mind getting word to him, that NEXT TIME I will be most appreciative, if he would drop by and TELL ME when he's planning on leaving!" I said, "I'll see that he gets your message Mama".....end of matter.

I didn't have the heart to tell Captain Leif.......this year, I did however tell Captain T.T. (he was the Staff Captain under Captain Rodahl) and he said, "Marta, why didn't you tell one of us.......we would have been more than happy to have come by and told her the time we were leaving!"

This is the only regret that I have concerning my Mother!

Sooooo Sailor's be certain to tell your loved ones what time the dern ship is leaving!!!

Martita B.

Martha,

That is a wonderful story. Was that the sailing that Ollie and I sailed with you and mama from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale with her horse?

Your mother was truly a gem. Can't wait till you write the book.

Put us down for a copy. I would love to be cruisin with mama again. This time through your memories. So glad we had the opportunity to do it in person.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo~~~YES, that was the sailing! I'm sure you KNEW what time "the boat left"~~~~hahaha My Brother and I have laughed and laughed about "Mother wanting to be informed!" Sooooo many hilarious happenings! She was quite a character........and always the Southern Lady. How she loved Seabourn! She called our 323 Suite, "home"......I can hear her now, "Oh, isn't it nice to be HOME?"

Wonderful memories......

MB

" have a new formal frock I'm wearing this year.....a long black gown with a black feathered jacket! Do you suppose that I will look like a black bird hangin' on to the flagpole????"

Sounds like Martita will be aptly located in one of those "crow's nest" balcony suites! How does she always seem to grab those great suites and then dress them up?????

boatman~~~the way that I actually "dress up my suite" is by blowing up the colorful balloons, draping my undies over to dry........you'd be surpised at what primary colored balloons do for those Seabourn Balcony Suites!

Than I could use the balloons for my dance routine later in the evening! Carumba!

Miss Martita

Denyse~~~YES, you will enjoy opening your door. Our route to Funchal is smooth and this time of the year the days are sunny and warm! You may have a few sprinkles in the early morning, but by noon it's HOT! Our last Northern Crossing from London was COLD.......I had my heat on as well.

I arise early and love to sit and have my coffe with my balcony door open....

it does soothe our souls.

You will certainly enjoy your balcony.

MB

Martha, I am so pleased to hear the weather will be warm, at least for the crossing. I understand that it will be chilly when we get to Portugal.

At least for this crossing, I won't need the heavy wool coat, scarf and gloves! Honestly, packing for the Northern crossing was like packing for the North Pole! It was hard to believe that we were actually going on a cruise!

Thanks for the info!

Denyse

Matt, I meant chilly as compared to the transatlantic portion. It won't be hot weather at that time of year.

Of course, as you note, it will be positively tropical as compared to your weather at home. ;-)

Denyse

Archived