Cocktail Party?

sinesbride

we did one of these parties last Mardi Gras on a sea day. We opted for the 2 hr party.

We brought our ipod and speakers and had quite a party going. After the waitress got used to what we were drinking they would bring out 4-5 at a time. (no kidding) Also some of the younger ones wanted shots. We were told that the way around that was to request what they wanted with one ice cube. This is the best value that Carnival offers.

Wow...thanks everyone for all the response. I had no idea I would get so much awesome feedback. I had no idea how affordable it was to have a small gathering on a cruise. It allows me to host another short party onboard after our wedding during the cruise as another thank you to those who came with us...depending on how we do that..LOL..now all I have to do is decide on whether to do the cruise wedding or not...LOL...it really is more affordable than anything I could have ever imagined.

Thanks again guys!!

we are trying to book one for our group Feb 20 2011..I see some on brought a minor.. that puts my mind to rest. My DS( soldier) is only 20 and I was told he won't be able to go. He knows he won't be able to drink alcohol on board but wanted to go anyway. In Canada legal drinking age is 18 but on the ship it is 21 and he is fine with that but I wanted to include him in everything since I don't get to see him near enough .. thank you for the peace of mind

we are trying to book one for our group Feb 20 2011..I see some on brought a minor.. that puts my mind to rest. My DS( soldier) is only 20 and I was told he won't be able to go. He knows he won't be able to drink alcohol on board but wanted to go anyway. In Canada legal drinking age is 18 but on the ship it is 21 and he is fine with that but I wanted to include him in everything since I don't get to see him near enough .. thank you for the peace of mind

For anyone under 21, you would just need to purchase a non-alcoholic soda bar. It was like 1/2 the per person price as the open bar package. We had my 12 year old nephew with us so we paid for 19 open bar packages and 1 soda bar package. Not that he stuck around to hang out with us old folk - he said a quick hello and bolted to the hang with the kids!

We have one booked on the Glory Nov 7th sailing. It's amazing 20+ strangers on our roll call actually committed to the party and paid 1 brave soul to have it on his account. We all mailed our checks to him and now are around 25 and counting.

I just saw a post about Carnival now limiting certain drinks to the 1 hour open bar. We've had them in the past and we had any drink you wanted. We are to be getting a list shortly. So my question is what type of drinks do they serve and will they deviate from that list? Can you get drinks straight up? Any info will be much apppreciated.

I do HIGHLY recommend making sure your participants know what few things aren't included. Shots (although as nowendy said, you can just order it with a little ice), doubles, and some of the premium liquors (like Petron.) Someone in our group made a terrible scene because he "had paid for an open bar" and couldn't get doubles. It was embarassing for everyone else in our group and believe me, if you don't get your money's worth out of the time there, you didn't try. I hate to sound like a lush, but I bet I drank about $80 worth of drinks for my $11.44. And I walked out with 3 full ones. Like nowendy said, they'll bring out the drinks in bulk once they know what people like.

An iPod with portable speakers is a great idea!

Thanks Rosebut5t, it will be interesting what list they send our organizer. I do like the idea of Ipods, hopefully someone has one.

For our party last week on the Splendor, they piped some music into the lounge that we were in. That was great because none of us thought to bring an IPOD in speakers. We were able to control the lighting and the music volumes in our lounge.

Archived