Juneau-short excursions?

travelbuds

Hi,

My wife and I will be in Juneau on a June Sunday from 6:30AM to 4PM. Have scheduled the Taku Glacier Lodge Flight and Feast from 11AM to 2PM (no noon to 3PM excursion available) independently.

Looking for something to do that will get us back to the dock are by 10:30-10:45AM. Have done Robert's tramway and trail, NorthStar's helicopter/glacier trek, and Mendenhall Glacier on our own in the past.

May do Mendenhall on our own again if not able to come up with something else.

Any other short hikes or outdoor activities close by?

Thanks.

Hi,

My wife and I will be in Juneau on a June Sunday from 6:30AM to 4PM. Have scheduled the Taku Glacier Lodge Flight and Feast from 11AM to 2PM (no noon to 3PM excursion available) independently.

Looking for something to do that will get us back to the dock are by 10:30-10:45AM. Have done Robert's tramway and trail, NorthStar's helicopter/glacier trek, and Mendenhall Glacier on our own in the past.

Thanks.

For an easy hike, take the public bus over to Douglas town. At the end of the line where the bus turns around, there's a great hike with mining remains and views over to Juneau.

Hi,

Thanks.

We walked up through town to the Governor's Mansion. There are a couple of nice pocket parks along the way and then great views and a lookout as you walk up the mountain. In the business part of town, there was a big native art store/gallery that had more authentic stuff than some of the typical cruise stores. There is also a small museum, but it wasn't open when we were there.

viv

Archived