Returned today off Dream :( They need help !

Inginegirl

I'm surprised the smell was so high up...usually that happens on the lower decks. We've only experienced a faint smell a time or two. Hmmm...I wonder if someone got sick on the carpet or something. Either way I would have thought Carnival would have gotten right "on it" especially since you were in a VIP cabin.

What is a VIP cabin????

Im sailing my first time with carnival tomorrow, and the boards have been full of bad reports lately.

Im still sailing with an open mind, knowing a day on the seas is way better then a day at work!

sassy

Don't worry, some people just like to complain about little things. I have sailed on the Glory twice and both were great cruises. An open mind will take you a long way. Have a great cruise. :)

What is a VIP cabin? Why did it cost $4000?

VIP is a suite.

The smells on Dream has been off and on since it started. There were a lot of reports about a bad smell, which being so new, you would think the pipes wouldnt have so many problems.

As long as the bad reviews of smells continue, people wouldnt be rushing to book.

We were on the Dream July 17, the time of year when the crowds are there and lots of kids, other than some lines, it was wonderful, we had a spa cabin, balcony, 11th floor with no noise at all and best of all no smoking odors! Son got married on the beach in St thomas, we were late getting back to the ship and they waited for all 40 of us to make it back to the ship with all the rain that was going on..We would do the Dream again, but in may, before kids and after spring breakers! Booked for May 2011 on the liberty...Our son and his now wife were booked in a Grand Suite, even with it being summer on a new ship it didnt cost 4000.00...did you stay in the owners suite???

VIP is a suite.

The smells on Dream has been off and on since it started. There were a lot of reports about a bad smell, which being so new, you would think the pipes wouldnt have so many problems.

As long as the bad reviews of smells continue, people wouldnt be rushing to book.

That is great news!!! We love slow booking ships. We get the best deals off those which is why a ship with bad reviews is great. It's hurricane season and I repeat how is a VIP suite $4000. We never have paid that much for a cabin.

We were on the Dream July 17, the time of year when the crowds are there and lots of kids, other than some lines, it was wonderful, we had a spa cabin, balcony, 11th floor with no noise at all and best of all no smoking odors! Son got married on the beach in St thomas, we were late getting back to the ship and they waited for all 40 of us to make it back to the ship with all the rain that was going on..We would do the Dream again, but in may, before kids and after spring breakers! Booked for May 2011 on the liberty...Our son and his now wife were booked in a Grand Suite, even with it being summer on a new ship it didn't cost 4000.00...did you stay in the owners suite???

I do not think there is an "owner suite" on the Dream like there is on the smaller ships. I do not think they are $4000 either. When we priced our cruise, the Category 12 suites were no where near $4000 and it was May, not hurricane season when bookings are slow because of the potential weather problems

I do not think there is an "owner suite" on the Dream like there is on the smaller ships. I do not think they are $4000 either. When we priced our cruise, the Category 12 suites were no where near $4000 and it was May, not hurricane season when bookings are slow because of the potential weather problems

Do we even know how many were in the cabin?? Maybe the OP was referring to the overall cost of the cruise.

On the Splendor, a man started fighting with a crew member who asked that he stop talking loudly during the muster drill. He didn't stop and the Captain put him and his girlfriend off the ship. We were an hour late leaving while they put them off the ship.

Justice a la Italian Captain. I didn't see much tolerance for nonsense on the ship, although I don't think they tolerate it much in Italy either.

...it was a refreshing change to the "never guilty because I have the following excuses" mentality in the US.

Carnival doesn't tolerate too much on their ships. This one we had first hand knowledge of but, I did read they put a bunch of people were put off the Dream in Cozumel for fighting

Im sailing my first time with carnival tomorrow, and the boards have been full of bad reports lately.

Im still sailing with an open mind, knowing a day on the seas is way better then a day at work!

sassy

You really do need to sail with an open mind!!! Our very first cruise, as we look back, was not the greatest. I was very sea sick...had an inside cabin..a mom was yelling at her kids all the time..smelled a funny smell that turned out to be "pot".(these people were kicked off).But everything else was just awesome!!! We will be going on our 17th cruise in jan...15 with Carnival!!! Sometime it is just what you make of it!!!

Have a great cruise!!!!!

We sailed the Conquest on the lower decks...
We did notice a sewage smell but believe it had to do with the port connections...

We also had a shower that would not drain fast enough so we called it in...
They were there within an hour, found a hair ball inside the shower drain...
We thanked them for their prompt service...
Had a GREAT cruise...:D

I think the original poster's post was entirely appropriate if it was true.

I travel on Carnival regularly. In my ten trips I saw one fight. It was okay. Somebody slugged some other guy. No security became involved although it did frighten many people, including myself.

I generally book balconies. With excursions and stuff $4,000 doesn't seem too far off the mark.

However, if my room consistently smelled like raw sewage as the OP implied, I'd be seriously irritated. No matter how we love Carnival that would be intolerable. And we do also (if we are honest) know that Guest Services is rarely in the slightest bit helpful.

Come on folks. If our statement smelled like you know what for a week, I'd be very upset. Wouldn't you? Even if you liked the excursions and thus and such.

We "Carnival cannot make mistakes" crowd need to chill out. I think OP had an appropriate post.

[quote name='Traveler353'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]OP: Why don't you post this on John Heald's blog. I am sure that he would be interested in hearing from you. I would love to read his response to your story. As someone else posted no real details or facts only teasers. The mystery rants have been getting better and better lately.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

CC posters are getting a reputation of being crazy. It seems that the normal CC's aren't posting and only the cranky, rude people all want to say they are CC'ers. Please only normal people post for a while on the blog. :)

Fights do happen. We were on the Dream this past January when the famous fight broke out in the theatre over saving seats.... Was not a pretty sight and no carnival people were around to break it up. Other cruisers had to intervene to stop it. Just because it didn't happen on your cruise doesn't mean it doesn't happen...Now concerning this review, it sounds a little fishy....

[quote name='viaggi_per_mare']I do not think there is an "owner suite" on the Dream like there is on the smaller ships. I do not think they are $4000 either. When we priced our cruise, the Category 12 suites were no where near $4000 and it was May, not hurricane season when bookings are slow because of the potential weather problems[/quote]

By my understanding there was a plan for two owners suite somewhere above the SPA which are now part of the SPA. The $4000.00 is the cat12 Grand Suites with all taxes and Port charges that is what it cost us for our cruise in Feb.2011 4 in that room more precise cost $5258.00.

We were on the Dream Jan 31 and had a deck 7 inside cabin. We never smelled any bad smells and we watched for them because of reports of others smelling them. Had wonderful service..good food and a great cruise. I also hate for someone to have a disappointing cruise after all the money and planning they have done. Hopefully their next cruise will make up for it.

Just a quick note about the fight because of people saving seats!! If you want a good seat for the shows, then you need to get to the theater about 45 to 30 minutes before the show starts and patiently wait like the rest of us do. it's not nice to save seats!!!

[quote name='scchasgal']All the naysayers on the smell just weren't in the spot where it was, we were and it stunk. [/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]True statement.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]I did not notice a problem on my first [I]Carnival Dream[/I] sailing, but on the second one it was quite (aka Very) noticeable in multiple locations, both indoors and outdoors. Thankfully, the worst spots were not near my own cabin, but I would pass it each and every time heading down my deck hallway to the dining room.[/COLOR]

Archived