First time and was a blast!

frankb12

After reading so many pro's and con's about NCL I had no idea of what to expect. Well this is my feelings and I have to go with what someone said on one of the post. You make it what you want. Well we had a blast and we didn't do as much as some of the others. Met people from around the world and was fun trying to communcate with them( I'm Italian so it was easy with the hands :D) We talked to so many people that liked and disliked the free style. It's all in what you want. I enjoyed the anytime eating and casual dressing. You do need to dress up (pants, shirt, or jacket if you wish)for some of the different rooms. What was neat was no one cared what you were wearing. I like the room, a spa balconey. We had access to the spa every day. Really the only thing I did not like was they try to push booze alot and it is very expensive. Beer and foo foo drinks from $5.00 to $10.00 + -. The ship was kept clean and they seem to work very hard on keeping things pick up. I disagree with one of the other post because everyone we meet from the ship was very nice to us and helpfull when we needed. Also anything you need they would get for you with out question. As I said this was our first cruise and we already signed up for another. It goes back to the statement you make it what you want. We had to listen to a women bitch all the way to the airport. Oh the boarding and disembarking was a snap!. So for you first timers go and enjoy yourself, because you won't regret it. Frank

:D I like your attitude Frank! Thats pretty much the way I think of it too...your vacation is what you make of it. So tired of reading things like "deck 9...omg thats the "bargain basement" Hey, Im on vacation, on a ship, in a cabin with a balcony....thats all I need. Glad you had such a good time, I cant wait for my turn! I know it will go way to fast though.

Any tips or hints you can share with us? Did you see much of the entertainment or go to any of the parties such as white hot? Just wondered if white hot is worth going to.

:D I like your attitude Frank! Thats pretty much the way I think of it too...your vacation is what you make of it. So tired of reading things like "deck 9...omg thats the "bargain basement" Hey, Im on vacation, on a ship, in a cabin with a balcony....thats all I need. Glad you had such a good time, I cant wait for my turn! I know it will go way to fast though.

Any tips or hints you can share with us? Did you see much of the entertainment or go to any of the parties such as white hot? Just wondered if white hot is worth going to.

Yes, we went to the Legends and thought it was good. Check on what day you reserve to see who you want. All of the shows were open to us because of not being filled up. Not going with good or bad because "to each his own". White hot was a blast. We danced all night and had a fun time. Tip, We got back early from shore and found you could go anywhere with very few people around. I stayed in the spice pool until I was like a prune. When we would come from shore we would do the Spa first to relax all by ourselves on most days. It was never really to full anyway. I will say some of the port ex. waited for a while. We would walk the town and then do what ever you want. They have buses and taxie all over by the pier.

You can have a good time with the frends you meet. We did. Now were home and I need a vacation to rest up for work.:D

Thanks for your info, I was watching some youtube videos of white hot party earlier and it looked like fun. Sometimes my husband doesnt like to do things like that but I would like to experience as much as I can...never know when or even if I'll get the chance to cruise again so I like to be informed about as much as I can.

If you think of anything else be sure and post it!

Frank, so glad you enjoyed your first cruise!! I see that you got bit by the same bug that got most of us since you are already making plans for a second. I love when people complain that the crew is rude or mean... I think that people are a reflection of the way you treat them... I have never encountered a rude crew member on a ship... I just love being there and I think they can tell.. if you are a snobby rude Debby downer, I am sure they find it hard to smile. I think it is the best vacation ever and wish I had time to cruise more often. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about!

After reading so many pro's and con's about NCL I had no idea of what to expect. Well this is my feelings and I have to go with what someone said on one of the post. You make it what you want. Well we had a blast and we didn't do as much as some of the others. Met people from around the world and was fun trying to communcate with them( I'm Italian so it was easy with the hands :D) We talked to so many people that liked and disliked the free style. It's all in what you want. I enjoyed the anytime eating and casual dressing. You do need to dress up (pants, shirt, or jacket if you wish)for some of the different rooms. What was neat was no one cared what you were wearing. I like the room, a spa balconey. We had access to the spa every day. Really the only thing I did not like was they try to push booze alot and it is very expensive. Beer and foo foo drinks from $5.00 to $10.00 + -. The ship was kept clean and they seem to work very hard on keeping things pick up. I disagree with one of the other post because everyone we meet from the ship was very nice to us and helpfull when we needed. Also anything you need they would get for you with out question. As I said this was our first cruise and we already signed up for another. It goes back to the statement you make it what you want. We had to listen to a women bitch all the way to the airport. Oh the boarding and disembarking was a snap!. So for you first timers go and enjoy yourself, because you won't regret it. Frank

thanks Frank, there is nothing like that first cruise...!!!

Frank. I agree completely. After that first cruise, we couldn't wait for another, doing 3 in 10 months, 2 more scheduled (only 3 weeks for next), and 2 more planned. All have been just as satisfying as the one you described. A great cruise begins with you positive attitude.....I mean how can you not have one as soon as you get aboard.

Thanks for your info, I was watching some youtube videos of white hot party earlier and it looked like fun. Sometimes my husband doesnt like to do things like that but I would like to experience as much as I can...never know when or even if I'll get the chance to cruise again so I like to be informed about as much as I can.

If you think of anything else be sure and post it!

Anumi, That is the best part of free style. We were only at the white hot for a short while and moved on to different clubs to listen to other music.

Other things, Yes the tolet is loud, water splashes from the sink. Well when you get in early in the morning who can see or hear anyway.I think their showers were better than some hotels. Just go and enjoy.:D

Archived