booking question .....

janisegn

as i am new to the Oceania board please accept my apologies if this has been asked and answered before -

we are looking at an Alaska cruise this coming August - when i input our booking information on the actual Oceania website, the cabin choice i make is listed as sold out, but i have received a quote from a TA giving me that exact same cabin category - does anyone know why this would be? - we always book through a TA but i was really just doing a cost comparison - hmmmm? -

thanks for any input -

Your TA may also have checked with O about a "guaranteed" cabin in that category. You will not be assigned a cabin until one is available but you are guaranteed that you will be on the sailing in a minimum of that cabin. It allows O to make sure the ship sails full. They usually offer only a few cabins guaranteed in each category.

We are currently guaranteed on a B2 for the Tahitian sailing in April 2012. Yes the cabins sold out that fast. If you can handle the uncertainty it's a great way to get on an O sailing that may be extremely popular. There are other threads on the board talking about how this works and you'll see O threads with passengers being offered upgrades or other sailings as O fills the guarantees if they oversell them and not enough passengers cancel.

Archived