Can You Define Class?

SailBabySail

I know there are different classes of ships but could someone explain what would define a class such as the Spirit class? Does it have something to do with each ship in a "class" having the same basic layout? :confused: Many cruisers seem to prefer the Spirit class and I am wondering why...thanks!

Yes - all of the ships in a particular class are "sister ships" and have the same basic layout.

We prefer the Spirit class because they are very easy to maneuver, are little smaller and I prefer the flat decks around the pools - instead of the graduated "football stadium decks" of the newer ships.

We also prefer the Suite aft wraps on the Spirit Class to the aft wraps on other ships. ;)

Loved the Legend(spirit class) and am looking forward to the Spirit-Alaska 2012. I love the deck outside the upper level of the restaurant where you can walk around the whole ship, and be closer to the water than up on the verandah deck.:)

OP, I see you;ve cruised the Miracle twice...she is a Spirit Class ship (along with Spirit, Legend and Pride). Glory is a Conquest Class. Which did you like better? I, myself, am one of the Spirit Class fans;)

We preferred the Miracle. The Glory is a beautiful ship but it took us 2-3 days to get used to the layout. The seaside theater was a nice feature but I could have done without it...way too loud and at 8am blasting music was not my cup of java. Having sailed on NCLs Spirit as well the comparison of ease in layout and navigation with the Miracle is similar. So, I guess I am a Spirited girl :D Thanks for explaining.

Yes - all of the ships in a particular class are "sister ships" and have the same basic layout.

We prefer the Spirit class because they are very easy to maneuver, are little smaller and I prefer the flat decks around the pools - instead of the graduated "football stadium decks" of the newer ships.

We also prefer the Suite aft wraps on the Spirit Class to the aft wraps on other ships. ;)

I now have an understanding...thanks ;) and as I noted it looks like I am a Spirited girl myself.

The seaside theater was a nice feature but I could have done without it...way too loud and at 8am blasting music was not my cup of java.

That sounds better then what i had to deal with when i was on the glory back on Sept 25. Every morning at around 8am, the fog horn will turn on for about 5 mins or longer.

That sounds better then what i had to deal with when i was on the glory back on Sept 25. Every morning at around 8am, the fog horn will turn on for about 5 mins or longer.

We were on that cruise...I wanted to hear the fog horn and boy did I get my wish. I even made a short video just so I would never forget :eek: Still the music videos, movies and Jorge were just a bit too much volume wise. How about Friday with feeling like you were in a washing machine? DH got seasick and I just broke into a cold sweat but it was all good by midnight.

Archived