Antiqua Beaches...

loving2cruise

Does anyone have any feedback on any of the beaches in Antiqua?

Dickensons or Pinapple Beach?

Is it better to go "On Your Own" or book the beach excursion through the cruiseline?

Thank you :)

The restaurant at Dickensons is fantastic, if they have the Curry Goat special get it.....best food you'll have on the cruise.

The restaurant at Dickensons is fantastic, if they have the Curry Goat special get it.....best food you'll have on the cruise.

We're going on a excursion to Dickenson beach and there's more info on the ports of call board. Yuck, two of my least favorite things, curry and GOAT!:rolleyes:

I served in Antigua as a Peace Corps volunteer in the late 70's at ABS Television. Some of my favorites were pepperpot, goatwater and souse, and the famous Antigua Cavalier Rum, which was dirt cheap at the time. The Halcyon Cove and Bluewater Beach hotels were quite nice then, and there used to be a nightclub called Jennifer's at Fort James which burned down long ago. Also a restaurant called Brother B's, which is long since gone as well. Feel free to log into a website run by my old friend, "Mickey" Matthew, a former director of the telecommunications board in Antigua for updates on Antigua and surrounding islands(CMATT.COM) Enjoy your time on Antigua as I did many years ago...

Archived