The craziest thing happened to me this weekend

All4fun&fun4all

I wonder if this has ever happened to any of you guys who have done a review on Cruise Critic. The Andrew and I were shopping at Ross (clothing store) on Saturday and a woman approached me and asked "Can I ask you a strange question? Are you on Cruise Critic? And did you write a review about your June sailing out of Charleston?" Wow! Why, yes I did. She said she enjoyed reading it and sailed in August and is sailing again in April. Small world seems an understatement! :eek: Have any of you been recognized while out and about in your everyday life?

I haven't been recognized like that, but long before the Crazies ever cruised together we started having M&Gs all over Texas and Oklahoma.

It 1st started when we had an Oklahoma City bash in the summer of 2008, then Carnival did the big beach ball commercial here in Dallas in the fall of 2008, where even more of us met. We didn't have a group cruise scheduled until 2009 but in the ensuing years our group has grown and we've become very close friends.

Yes, actually, once before. As I was halfway through writing one of my reviews, my husband appeared on tv (for all of 10 seconds) as someone's "phone-a-friend" for "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."

Someone reading my review caught it :eek: - I was astonished since it was so brief - and asked me about it. (Then I had to admit it was him! :p)

Definitely a small world in this electronic age!

Well, this makes me sound like a crazy stalker, but...

I was in (a BIG city in) TX visiting a friend, and on the way from dinner to the movies, I noticed a license plate that was similar to a poster's name in the weight loss section. We had chatted back & forth in a thread there. Since we were stopped in traffic, I jumped out & went up to the passenger window. Turned out it WAS her car, but her husband was driving it.:eek: He must have had a good attitude about it, because he did pass on my "hello" to her & she posted that she was sorry she missed me.

My friends thought I was nuts.:o

Well, this makes me sound like a crazy stalker, but...

I was in (a BIG city in) TX visiting a friend, and on the way from dinner to the movies, I noticed a license plate that was similar to a poster's name in the weight loss section. We had chatted back & forth in a thread there. Since we were stopped in traffic, I jumped out & went up to the passenger window. Turned out it WAS her car, but her husband was driving it.:eek: He must have had a good attitude about it, because he did pass on my "hello" to her & she posted that she was sorry she missed me.

My friends thought I was nuts.:o

Thats funny.

I had a lady while shopping in my firework tent asked if I posted on Cruise Critic. So yes, on occasion you will run into someone.

Dave

You never know if you have met and not known it. Petal and Lumberton are REAL close.

Archived