Need ideas for cruise surprise

vowsatsea

We do the same thing often at Christmas for our boys. This year for Mexico I have ordered things from Ebay (Princess playing cards, luggage tags and slippers) and will also include things I have purchased in Mexico. I wrap them up and send them on a scavenger hunt! One year I had them finding clues attached to things they would put in a toiletry bag. You can also often find Christmas ornaments at local stores to include. This year I found a Chihuahua in a sombrero at Kohl's. Fun, fun! Have a great time, everyone can use a vacation instead of more stuff!!!

Several Ideas ... what fun! Buy a chocolate cruise ship and wrap it with the information. OR buy a small toy ship OR Use a prescription bottle and create your own label which includes the name of the cruise. You can have great fun with this. Buy a small suitcase or duffel bag and put the information inside.

I ordered some die cuts and some other scrapbooking stuff online. I got titles that said "Our Ship" and "Our Itinerary" this way I can find photos online and either make him a nice book, or send him on a scavenger hunt (those are always fun!).

Of course this is all depending on the fact that I can keep this a secret until Christmas! I'm busting already...

And NO, my boyfriend was not able to put the clues together and guess. He looked at me with a blank look on his face !! LOL:) But the picture of the cruisehip and notes about our itinerary was pretty clear !!

This time, it's a Christmas present for my two kids (12 & 15). Hmmm, how will I "give" it to them ? I'm thinking pictures of the ship made into tree ornaments....

I surprised my DH on his birthday a few years ago with a cruise as his gift. I took the Frank Sinatra song "Come Fly with Me" and wrote some new lyrics which made it "Come Cruise with Me". No, I didn't sing it to him...I love him to much to subject him to my lousy voice, but he got a kick out of it. Now, whenever we hear that song we have always crank up the volume and sing our own little version of the song.

Archived