Need ideas for cruise surprise

vowsatsea

I have booked a cruise for my husband and I for March, and I want to break the news to him as a Christmas gift. I thought about printing the confirmation and wrapping it in a box, or getting custom luggage tags, but I haven't been able to settle on anything yet.

Does anyone have any good creative ideas on something that I can wrap and put under the tree to let him know we have an upcoming cruise? :D

What a good idea! I thought about that, too...but I can't seem to find an inflatable Norwegian Jewel, or just a Norwegian ship in general.

Darn --- You're going on Norwegian! I was going to offer to sell you one of my Carnival ships-on-a-stick ;)

:D

I am doing the same thing for my DH for Christmas! Somebody else had suggested to find pictures (from internet, etc) for the different ports and the ship you are going on and put them into a small photo album. I am going to try that!

Good luck on whatever you try!!

I also thought of the photo idea with the added question/teaser: "What do all these places have in common?" You could put them in an album, or laminate and wrap each separately, or hang them from the tree. Maybe have the photos and then have the "ship" wrapped up to be the final package to open.

What a good idea! I thought about that, too...but I can't seem to find an inflatable Norwegian Jewel, or just a Norwegian ship in general.

Go to the roll calls for your ship...see if someone would be willing to get one and send it to you. Sometimes the cruise line has an online shop and you can buy souvenir items that can be sent to you...EM

Go to the roll calls for your ship...see if someone would be willing to get one and send it to you. Sometimes the cruise line has an online shop and you can buy souvenir items that can be sent to you...EM

My partner surprised me with a cruise by making a scrapbook that read like a book. Places we would go, choices to make, pics, loving comments, etc. It was for our 35th anniversary to Europe. Way to much fun to read through and, it kept all info about the cruise and side trips in one place. She also gave me a cruise ship in 14 k gold for my gold charm bracelet. One of the best gifts I ever received!

My partner surprised me with a cruise by making a scrapbook that read like a book. Places we would go, choices to make, pics, loving comments, etc. It was for our 35th anniversary to Europe. Way to much fun to read through and, it kept all info about the cruise and side trips in one place. She also gave me a cruise ship in 14 k gold for my gold charm bracelet. One of the best gifts I ever received!

I have booked a cruise for my husband and I for March, and I want to break the news to him as a Christmas gift. I thought about printing the confirmation and wrapping it in a box, or getting custom luggage tags, but I haven't been able to settle on anything yet.

Does anyone have any good creative ideas on something that I can wrap and put under the tree to let him know we have an upcoming cruise? :D

My sister gave my brother-in-law a cruise for Christmas a few years back. She had purchased a tuxedo for him and put the cruise docs in the inside jacket pocket. You wouldn't have to go so fancy as a tux, especially if your hubby didn't need one. You could wrap up a pair of shorts or shirt and put the docs (or print out) in the pocket. Or wrap up a new pair of flip flops and put the docs under the sandals.

What a great gift!

My sister gave my brother-in-law a cruise for Christmas a few years back. She had purchased a tuxedo for him and put the cruise docs in the inside jacket pocket. You wouldn't have to go so fancy as a tux, especially if your hubby didn't need one. You could wrap up a pair of shorts or shirt and put the docs (or print out) in the pocket. Or wrap up a new pair of flip flops and put the docs under the sandals.

What a great gift!

I like the ideas about wrapping up a toy ship. How about this idea: get several boxes maybe like 5...make sure they all fit into each other. In the very inside one but the tickets, wrap the box and put it in the next one. In that one put another clue, wrap that up and put it in the 3rd box. Your clues could be one of the toy ships, a Hawaiian shirt, maybe some sun block, swim shorts...I don't know fun stuff like that.

I gave my boyfriend a cruise for his birthday one year, and I put some sand, a small toy boat, an umbrella from a drink, a pair of sunglasses and a champagne glass in a shoe box. If all the clues weren't enough, I taped the cruiseship brochure to the bottom of the box.:)

These are all great ideas! I think I'm going to try to implement as many things into the gift as I can. I really do like the scrapbook idea, because it'll give me something to work on, and I can try to get creative with it. I just hope he gets through the majority of it without guessing, because I could picture him getting so excited that he just throws the book aside :p

These are all great ideas! I think I'm going to try to implement as many things into the gift as I can. I really do like the scrapbook idea, because it'll give me something to work on, and I can try to get creative with it. I just hope he gets through the majority of it without guessing, because I could picture him getting so excited that he just throws the book aside :p

Be sure to leave enough room in the scrapbook so that you can add ACTUAL pictures from your trip! ;)

I gave my boyfriend a cruise for his birthday one year, and I put some sand, a small toy boat, an umbrella from a drink, a pair of sunglasses and a champagne glass in a shoe box. If all the clues weren't enough, I taped the cruiseship brochure to the bottom of the box.:)

I did much the same as groliv when I bought my husband a surprise cruise for his birthday last year but I got onto Ebay and bought him 'clues' for every port. - A Guinness poster (Dublin), Cork mats (Cobh / Cork), string of plastic onions (Brest in Brittany) and the piece to resistance was a football (soccer to our American friends) programme for a match between Southampton which just happened to be our departure port and Bilbao our last port of call. At the bottom of the box was an envelope containing our confirmation from the cruise line. He loved it! :)

What a lovely idea for a christmas present!! If i had thought of that, I would probably buy him an outfit, shorts,shirt, and maybe a hat and in the pocket of the shirt put his passport and in the shorts pocket the brochure or picture of the ship youre going on. I'm just wondering how youre going to be able to keep from being so darned excited and have to wait that long before he can be excited with you :)

I purchased Aladin 16oz Blank Canvas Travel Mug (got mine at Target)

aladdin-pmi dot com

Using HP Photo Creations (free software, just google it) I created a collage and traced the template that came with the mug over my collage to cut to fit the mug.

I used photos of interest to my DH, by saving as a pic the itinerary map showing ports of call, the ship, beach, golf course, and the ocean all taken from the cruise line website. (Many great pics under shore excursions. So if your guy or gal likes to scuba, horseback ride etc use those photos.)

Was quick, easy to make and personal.

I put a $20 gift card from QT inside for free refills up to the date of the cruise.

Archived