Best Beach on Paradise Island

vowsatsea

My husband and I will be in the Bahamas on an NCL cruise at the end of March. The last time we visited Nassau we did the dolphin excursion. This time we're looking to just hang out on a nice beach on Paradise Island.

Which beach would you recommend? It doesn't need to have watersports or anything special, just clear water and clean sand (being from NY, we don't get this often :D )

If any of you have pictures, that would be great!

My husband and I will be in the Bahamas on an NCL cruise at the end of March. The last time we visited Nassau we did the dolphin excursion. This time we're looking to just hang out on a nice beach on Paradise Island.

Which beach would you recommend? It doesn't need to have watersports or anything special, just clear water and clean sand (being from NY, we don't get this often :D )

There is only one easily accessible public beach on Paradise Island and that's Cabbage Beach. It's shared with Atlantis and the RUI to the west.

Atlantis has 2 other beaches, the COVE and Paradise Beach, which are not accessible except as guests of Atlantis, or by walking the long way around the Atlantis property. (this beach is private, but you can still use the beach at the waterline without being a guest, you just can't use the sandy part of the beach or a chair)>

If you walk another miles up the beach to the west, you'll find colonial beach.. (which is mainly accessed by boat). There are no restrooms/concessions etc here.. except when coming with a tour boat.

You're best bet is either the public beach at Cabbage Beach, or a day pass at the Sheraton or Wyndham at Cable Beach.

I have some photos of Cabbage Beach from October 5 of this year. I'll try to remember to post them when I get home from work later this evening. The seas were really rough when we were there

• 2 months later...

We went to the Wyndham last time we stopped in Nassau and were really not impressed with their beach. It is very small and not the crystal clear blue water you expect to see in the Bahamas. Lots of rocks (reef?) so close to shore that we barely went in. The hotel and pool were very nice though. We will go to Cabbage Beach again next time. Paradise Island's beaches are far superior.

We went to the Wyndham last time we stopped in Nassau and were really not impressed with their beach. It is very small and not the crystal clear blue water you expect to see in the Bahamas. Lots of rocks (reef?) so close to shore that we barely went in. The hotel and pool were very nice though. We will go to Cabbage Beach again next time. Paradise Island's beaches are far superior.

Wyndham's beachfront is just a small lagoon. Not really very nice, but it's flanked on both sides by beautiful beach with calm crystal clear waters.

Sheraton Beach and Cable Beach are both clean and clear blue.

During most of the season, I prefer Cable Beach because the water is not rough like cabbage beach.

I can't agree that Paradise Island Beaches are better. They are rougher, have rip tides and have been quite dangerous and oftentimes closed due to rough seas. These waters are not for small children or those who just want to relax.

The only beach on PI that I think is superior is Paradise Beach, located inside the breakwaters, in front of the COVE, but this beach is not open to the public, and not easy to get to.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pix of Cabbage Beach. We had a fun day there, but the water was extremely rough (March) Not too many in the water as you can see but the beach was busy. We may check out Cable Beach or Blue Lagoon this next time around.

2414991820044007101S425x425Q85.jpg

No real amenities there but there was the $20.00 unlimited Coconut "Bar" (real coconut shell to drink from...lots of liquor, bit of fruit juice...) It seemed very popular! (see crowd on the left...that's the bar!)

2876296370044007101S425x425Q85.jpg

We were in Nassau 2 years ago for a girl's trip in March and wanted a beach day. We planned to go to Cable Beach but the taxi driver suggested Cabbage. Six of us split the fare and we were dropped off just a very short walk from the beach. Absolutely beautiful! We went early and rented beach chairs for a small fee. There was an occasional vendor and the super shoppers in our group were happy with their purchases of beach coverups. But they were not annoying in any way and moved along with a polite no thanks.

Activities that I saw available were banana boat rides, parasailing, jet skis etc. I was content to relax and enjoy the view. I'm not much for ocean swimming so did little more than get wet a time or two so can't give an opinion on how rough the water was or safety.

I'll be back in Nassau next week on Majesty of the Seas and am looking forward to another visit to Cabbage Beach.

Archived