Boston Walking Tour

apollobeach

We took the Boston City Walk tour the afternoon our ship was in Boston two weeks ago. It was a private tour for two, at a cost of $200.

In all honesty, we could have done at least as well had we gone and purchased a map with The Freedom Trail highlighted on it. Alan was somewhat informative, but we did not visit any of the insides of the historic buildings, save one, which I indicated I wanted to see - and then, we only went inside the entrance.

A walking tour "expert" would, one would think, know what object sits atop the Massachusetts State House - he was not sure. Same held true for several other questions. That was our basic thought after the tour. Not much was learned by us from him at all.

We would not suggest Boston City Walk for a walking tour around historic Boston.

Rick/John

:p

I am not exactly unbiased because I worked for the National Park Service, but you can pick up a free brochure at the visitors center (near the Old Statehouse) and do your own walking tour or take a free one with a park ranger.

• 5 months later...
I am not exactly unbiased because I worked for the National Park Service, but you can pick up a free brochure at the visitors center (near the Old Statehouse) and do your own walking tour or take a free one with a park ranger.

We have done a self-guided Freedom Trail Tour and it was very interesting.....and FREE! We visited many interesting sites on our own time. There was plenty of info available at each site!

Archived