Weather on a Transatlantic crossing

Looking for information about what type of weather to expect on the Transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to Galveston at the beginning of November. Have taken lots of cruises out of Galveston in January and know that going through the gulf the wind can be pretty chilly. I understand that it can be warm one day and then colder because of a front that is coming through. I really don't want to over pack for this cruise.

Would love to hear from others that have brought the Voyager back across the pond.

My DH and I did the TA for the VOS the first time she came to Galveston. We docked on Dec. 23. Our 5 days at sea were wonderful, calm waters, beautiful weather. In fact the whole voyage was perfect weather, but you never know about the weather. We also stopped at a lot more ports than they do now. It was 15 days of heaven. Also stayed in Barcelona 5 days prior and love that city. Only downfall was docking in Galveston. They were not quite ready for over 6,000 passengers disembarking at the same time. Hope you have a great voyage.

we did transatlantic from Lisbon as our first cruise in November 2001, the only day where the weather was bad was coming out of Gibraltar, the rest was really quite good, cloudy but quite warm, when we got to Bermuda it was roasting, miami was hot, so was key west the worst was actually Galveston itself, rainy, stranded at Houston airport for 28 hours due to flooding, that was the only down side to the whole trip

We did the TA last year late Nov 2009. The weather was wonderful. The coolest was when we were in Spain which is to say it was around 50-60 degrees F. Once we got into the Atlantic is was consistently 80+ F. A lot of my sea days were spent enjoying the pool. Not counting your dress clothes for dinner you will probably need to pack one or two long pants, a few long sleeve shirts and a good jacket. After that I would use the rest of my room for shorts, t-shirts, and swim gear.

I had a Harwich UK to Boston US Transatlantic and it was so stormy midway, we had 20-40 foot waves for threee days running. The deck doors were locked as it was unsafe to go outside. We ended up arcing so high in our route that we sailed over the spot where the Titanic rests.

So: be prepared for high winds, just in case!

We have done the fall transatlantics and had wonderful weather and calm seas every time. You will have a great time enjoy your cruise.

I think we have sailed with you before.

Brian J

Yes, we have!! I am trying to remember if it was the Alaska cruise reposition from San Francisco to Vancouver??? Or was it the Voyager??? Just trying to make sure I pack correctly. We are doing a seven day on the Norwegian Jade before we board the Voyager. So we will be in Monte Carlo, Rome, Naples, etc before we start the crossing.

Archived