Just got our room assignment - bummed we're not midship!

scrapmamma

On the Elation we are assigned room U229 which is aft and not midship. :(

Hopefully it will be alright, at least there are cabins both above and below us.

Since we're on the Upper Deck it will be two levels up for dinner and four levels up for Lido.

This is our first cruise so I'm not sure about placement but hopefully aft won't be too bad.

Can't wait!!

You can always call and see how much it would cost to upgrade from your room to midship. Otherwise, just remember that you'll only be in your room to sleep, shower and change clothes. There is plenty going on at all times to keep you out and about (and I bet several of those activities happen midship :D)

ALot of people will disagree, but I think anywhere on a ship is good as long as I am on a ship.

Enjoy your first cruise. It is always the most memorable!

kathy

Agreed... especially on the Elation. Great ship! She provided my first cruise too!

Being by the aft elevator is great- that is where the food/pools are located./

Just remember there are dead ends on this ship (on the decks with the dining room because of the galley. (promanade deck goes all the way through)

You might get some vibration/shuddering when coming or leaving into a port

Its an inside cabin= extreme darkness 24 hours a day= take an alarm clock or use the wake up service

If you prefer a certain area of the ship-- guaranty booking is not for you

Hopefully it will be alright, at least there are cabins both above and below us.

Since we're on the Upper Deck it will be two levels up for dinner and four levels up for Lido.

This is our first cruise so I'm not sure about placement but hopefully aft won't be too bad.

Can't wait!!

I think you did great with your gty. When you chose the lower cost of a gty and let them pick your cabin you stand a chance to get a great cabin or the worst on the ship. I am picky about location so I pay more and chose what I want

Can't wait!!

Aft should be fine - I've not had a problem with it. Unless you encounter unusually big seas, I bet you won't feel any rocking.

Have a great time - just eat and drink and celebrate yourself silly while they haul you around the ocean and pretty much wait on you hand and foot, you'll probably fall in love with cruising like the rest of us have. :)

Read one of the 457 threads about motion sickness. You'll be fine no matter where you are on the ship if you prepare. Have a great time!

I have read them all and I am prepared! :)

Thank you for all the responses. Think we'll keep it and enjoy the gentle rocking us to sleep every night.

Can't wait!!

All the crap posted about cabin location, IS crap. 50 cruises, I'd cruise in any cabin again without a second thought.

We sailed on the Elation 3 times and once in cabin E2222 which is just one floor up and on the other side of the ship from your cabin. The only complaint I had about the location was the vibrations while the ship is pulling into port. Don't plan on sleeping in on these days. The cabin reminded me of those beds in motels back in the 60's where your dropped in a quarter and the "magic fingers" vibrated the bed for 10 minutes, same experience, no quarters required!

Hope you have a great first cruise. My thing is once you go aft u never go back to anywhere on the ship. Even though you have a inside cabin (great for sleeping in or napping) you will enjoy the cruise to continue to vacation this way. We have had aft balcony cabins for the last 6 cruises and they are great (NO WIND) great for breakfast in the morning on sea days. The rocking is not an issue unless you are caught in a bad storm or hurricane (that happened last november last storm of the season and it was late, got locked in, all outside decks were off limits due to 85 mph winds) , then there is nowhere on the ship that doesn't rock.

Our first cruise (honeymoon) was on a small ship with no stabilizers. Our 'dirt cheap' room was water level with no window or porthole. We cruised to the Bahamas in the middle of a tropical storm and the waves beat on the hull right by us all night long.

Didn't matter to us. Great cruise. We were cruising!

Hope you have a great first cruise. My thing is once you go aft u never go back to anywhere on the ship. Even though you have a inside cabin (great for sleeping in or napping) you will enjoy the cruise to continue to vacation this way. We have had aft balcony cabins for the last 6 cruises and they are great (NO WIND) great for breakfast in the morning on sea days. The rocking is not an issue unless you are caught in a bad storm or hurricane (that happened last november last storm of the season and it was late, got locked in, all outside decks were off limits due to 85 mph winds) , then there is nowhere on the ship that doesn't rock.

But why do you love aft? LOL That's the question I would like answered.

I have read about the aft balcony and how wonderful it is. Maybe when my DH and I cruise without the kiddos we can get one. :)

Op, I suffer from motion sickness. As long as I take my pills, I am good to go. I take one Bonine each night before bed and I am good to go! Our last cruise we were at the front of the ship. While I could feel some movement, I never got sick!

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

One of the reasons I have liked aft cabins is that I felt like we were much closer to the restaurants, lido buffet, Serenity Deck, etc. If the elevators were really slow, it wasn't too much problem to just climb the stairs and be where we wanted to be. I like too I have liked the gentle rocking motion (except in BAD weather - then the whole ship is rocking! :eek:) because I am out like a light!

Enjoy your cruise :)

Can't wait!!

I am on this cruise with you.. Just booked it.:p

This is my 10th. cruise. I have been up, I have been down. I have been in an inside and I have been in a suite.

I have been as far forward as you can go with out being overboard and I have been in an aft wrap around balcony..

There is no BAD cabin on a ship. Just trust everyone that has posted that.;)

Enjoy your first cruise.. I`ll bet you will be making plans to go again before this one is over...

See you on board!!!:)

Archived