Pre-cruise Hotel in Barcelona with Free Breakfast and wifi?

kimkencruzers

I think room with wifi is easier than a hotel with breakfast included. Reasonably priced, that's a little harder- each person's idea of reasonable is different.

We (niece and I) stayed 3 days precruise in Jazz Hotel. Breakfast was not included but as a college student and Starbucks fanatic, niece was thrilled there was one very nearby. Each morning two coffees (one a specialty) and two danish or muffins cost about $12 euro total. Jazz had free wifi - she took her netbook to use Facebook/email, etc and used it to Skype calls to parents and friends. I paid about 120 euro per night. This board has plenty of hotel threads and if something sounds good, head over to Trip Advisor to see what's being said over there also.

Can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced hotel with a good location that also has free wifi and breakfast? We wil be there end of February 2011 for two nights. Thanks!

Praktik Rambla (http://www.hotelpraktikrambla.com/en/hotel-in-barcelona) might work for you. It's about 2 blocks from Las Ramblas. It doesn't come with breakfast, but it does have free wifi, location is awesome, and prices are as good as you can find for the location. There are lots lof cafes and restaurants close by for breakfast needs.

Hotel Contential has both. There are a lot of threads on this hotel. Some people love it others hate it. We are amoung the lovers. We have even walked to the port shuttle to get to or from the ship. Just look for the thread on this page to see if it will suit you.

Hotel Contential has both. There are a lot of threads on this hotel. Some people love it others hate it. We are amoung the lovers. We have even walked to the port shuttle to get to or from the ship. Just look for the thread on this page to see if it will suit you.

We stayed at the Continental our last pre-cruise in Barcelona...

Personally, I would stay there again any time for one simple reason: Location, location, location...

There is simply no better location in all of Barcelona...It is right at the head of Las Ramblas where it hits the Placa Catalunya--literally, the center of everything--nightlife, restaurants, transportation and the wonderful El Corte Ingles Department Store with the Supermarket in the Basement...

We had a Las Ramblas view balcony--simply incredible...all of Barcelona is at your feet...

The hotel has a free 24 hour buffet with snacks, drinks (including free wine and beer and ice cream)...

...and free internet...

As to the negatives:

It is a rather old hotel...not exactly your modern five-star...

The set-up is a little odd...the lobby, as it were, is up the elevator and it shares a building with some other uses and lesser hotels...There is an elaborate security system and , in order to get in and out of the areas with your room and the lobby from the elevator, you need to buzz in and be seen on a surveillance camera...Actually, though strange, this is a plus...security is tight...

The rooms are a bit small--but we have found this typical in European hotels...

My wife thought the bed a bit hard...but, of course, at home we sleep on one of those pillow-top ultra-plush 17 inch thick mattresses...

The furniture, what little of it there is, is plasticand the decor is a bit gaudy...

The good:

Again, #1 LOCATION...

Free internet

Free buffet 24 hours (okay, the wine isn't that good...but it's free)

The automated shade/screen system in the room, when closed, blocks out all light and noise from Las Ramblas...

VERY reasonable rates (we paid something like 109 euros per night for that balcony view room...of course, that was 2009, it's likely gone up a small bit)...

...and...LOCATION...

We enjoyed stopping at the buffet each night on our way back to our room for some wine or beer and heading out to our balcony to watch the passing parade...and stumbling out in the morning riight into the heart of everything...

Oh, the pizza place next door was pretty good too...

We stay at the AC Diplomatic, a very nice hotel. Number 19 on Trip Advisor. It has a pool (albeit a small one), gym and a free minibar. We use http://www.hotelscomparison.com and a quick look at end of Feb for 2 nights is giving $380 for 2 nights including breakfast on alpharooms. The hotel has also got free wifi in the lobby.

I have just booked the Holiday Inn Express after following the instructions from this page. I booked the room on the Family and Friends code suggested.(it says the rate closed on 30th Sept, but its still working). I had a look for the Fri and Sat at the end of Feb and it gave a rate of $188 total.

It has breakfast and wifi included. I was sure i read the wifi was included in my room rate, but don't seem to see it now :confused: All i can find now is a 10 Euro charge on the site.

Hope this helps you.....or others lurking :)

http://www.royalramblashotel.com/en/home/

We just returned from Barcelona last week and stayed at the Hotel Royal Ramblas. It included wi-fi and a very nice buffet breakfast. A four-star hotel and the price was less expensive than the Hotel Jazz when I booked. The staff was very helpful, a really nice hotel, and located right on Las Ramblas. We'd stay there again for sure.

Good to know about the holiday inn code..but it seems very far from town. We are staying two nights pre-cruise and would like to have easy access to shops, restaurants and the ho ho. The Royal Ramblas is a good tip, but their website says it's not available for Feb. 23-25. I sent them an e-mail to confirm this. I have made a cancellable reservation at Hotel Jazz in the meantime for 102 euros a night.

Good to know about the holiday inn code..but it seems very far from town. We are staying two nights pre-cruise and would like to have easy access to shops, restaurants and the ho ho. The Royal Ramblas is a good tip, but their website says it's not available for Feb. 23-25. I sent them an e-mail to confirm this. I have made a cancellable reservation at Hotel Jazz in the meantime for 102 euros a night.

I guess when we travel price kind of comes first, that and theres three of us so some of the closer hotels become far too expensive, if available at all. This seemed a good compromise for us.

However in the reviews of the hotel there seems to be an abundance of restaurants and shops just around the corner from it, and the metro 5 Min's away.

Edit.....Just thought i would find out the area and read a different review site (tripadvisor) and it said the restaurants are not special (reviews on booking.com said 'loads of shopping and restaurants')....just goes to prove how we all have different levels of expectation. One person complained that breakfast was the same each day !!!

Archived