Can I ask a Port Canaveral transportation question??

daisy7113

This question isn't being answered under that section. If we fly into Orlando the day before cruise...what is the best way to get to hotel near Port Canaveral? It is about an hour from airport if I remember correctly. Last cruise we took from there we flew in day off cruise and had cruise transportation but coming in a day ahead of time makes things different.

You are correct. You are approximately an hour away from Port Canaveral. You will have to rent a car to get to the hotel, unless the hotel has a shuttle from the airport to wher you are staying?

This question isn't being answered under that section. If we fly into Orlando the day before cruise...what is the best way to get to hotel near Port Canaveral? It is about an hour from airport if I remember correctly. Last cruise we took from there we flew in day off cruise and had cruise transportation but coming in a day ahead of time makes things different.

We always fly in the day before and we rent a car at the airport...drop it off at the Port. We usually rent a hotel in Orlando for the night but this time we got a graet deal on Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach so we are staying there this time. Instead of the hour drive in the morning from Orlando it will be about 10 min.

I always rent a car from Budget and stay at the Best Western. They have toll passes in all of their cars and if you don't drive over 75 miles (which we never do) you don't have to pay for gas.

I do it in the reverse also PC back to MCO.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know the cost to do this? For the car rental.

And, I wonder if it is possible to get a bus back to airport after cruise? Like when you arrange the transportation with the cruise directly but instead of both ways, just have them bring you back to airport?? Just a thought.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know the cost to do this? For the car rental.

And, I wonder if it is possible to get a bus back to airport after cruise? Like when you arrange the transportation with the cruise directly but instead of both ways, just have them bring you back to airport?? Just a thought.

The cost will vary by company, discount code, and type of vehicle. We did a one day one way rental from Avis a couple weeks ago. A full size vehicle was $62 including taxes.

I'm renting a car b/c it's cheaper than using Carnival's transportation. Also we are flying in a day earlier. With Dollar the car rental was $71 for one way rental. Pick up March 16 and drop off the following day at Cape Canaveral. When we return from the cruise, i'm renting with Avis. The rental was $61 for pick up on March 20 and drop off on March 21 at MCO. I'm only renting a compact which is a Focus or similar.

When we return from the cruise i'm staying at a hotel on International Drive for the night. I haven't decided if we are staying near the Port or in Orlando the day we arrive however. I would love to get the hour drive out of the way when we first arrive. Therefore you can sleep more soundly without worrying about that hour drive in the morning:confused:....IDK.

Let me know what you decide.

you dont have to rent a car....there are several shuttle recommended at the NEW I WORK IN PORT CANAVERAL THREAD..post #295

we are using BEACHLINE Transportation that is highly recommended on that thread!

Cost wise its much cheaper to rent a car if you have a few people going.

We paid $29 MCo-Port Canaveral

and

$26 Port-MCO.

Much cheaper then a Shuttle.

for the day rental, unlimited Miles through Budget.

It also gives you the freedom to do a bit of shopping or sightseeing..the day before or the day you return.

Archived