Bed extenders for my tall husband

Liv to Cruz

Can someone tell me about their experience with bed extenders. My husband is 6'5 and I read somewhere that Princess offers bed extenders. I called Princess and was told that means a longer mattress. They asked me if I wanted both sides longer...I said yes..since I don't know which side will be my Husbands side. When we return I will let everyone know how the extended bed was. Please tell me if you know anything about this. I may not have requested this if we were on a shorter cruise...since we will be on our trip for 14 days...why not? Thanks!

The only problem with the bed extenders is that it will shorten the area you have to walk through past the beds. Not sure what type of cabin you have booked, but the beds usually leave a very small space to walk through the cabin as they are now. You'll have to let us all know, as I haven't heard of anyone asking this question in many years.

The only problem with the bed extenders is that it will shorten the area you have to walk through past the beds. Not sure what type of cabin you have booked, but the beds usually leave a very small space to walk through the cabin as they are now. You'll have to let us all know, as I haven't heard of anyone asking this question in many years.

We booked a mini suite. If I remember correctly there should be enough room between the wall and the end of the bed. This should be interesting!!

I had heard of these before too, but have never been able to get them. they always act like they don't know what i'm talking about. My DH is 6'9 and I would love for him to be able to have a longer bed. I'll try again this year. Unfortunately we cruise the week after you get back so I won't be able to hear what you have to say. I guess I'll check back with you when we return. :-) Happy cruising.

We booked a mini suite. If I remember correctly there should be enough room between the wall and the end of the bed. This should be interesting!!

It could be tight..... Worse case scenario, you can have them taken off. These rooms are long and narrow.

Never heard about this before. I would love to hear how it works for him. My DH is 6'7" and has always managed in the Princess beds, but he has to tuck his legs up when he sleeps. He might like having a little extra leg room. I'll look forward to hearing your report.

My husband is 6'6" and never had a problem with the beds , but I can see that if he were much taller it might be an issue. I never knew that they had extenders , but it would shorten the walking area too. Good luck

Cori

I would estimate there's about 18 inches between the end of a regular Princess bed and the wall in a mini suite. How long is the bed extender? If it is longer than 6 inches, it isn't going to leave too much space to get around the bed to get to the other side of the room!

I would estimate there's about 18 inches between the end of a regular Princess bed and the wall in a mini suite. How long is the bed extender? If it is longer than 6 inches, it isn't going to leave too much space to get around the bed to get to the other side of the room!

Todd, I think that is a very good estimate, the exact same figure I was thinking. ;)

DH (6'5") and I (6'2") are a very tall couple. Most peeps remember us, esp. me since I'm 6'2" and half-Japanese/White :cool:, but we are VERY interested in finding out how to acquire the extenders as we both fight for room to scrunch up our knees. We will also have our six-month old sleeping in the bed with us and he is already super tall for his age - so the more room Mommy has for her knees, the better! :)

Thanks to whomever can talk about the extenders!!

Lady_G

We have never heard of the bed extenders. DH is 6'8" - he just lets his feet hang over the end of the bed. I would be concerned, as others have mentioned, about making a small room seem even smaller!

DH (6'5") and I (6'2") are a very tall couple. Most peeps remember us, esp. me since I'm 6'2" and half-Japanese/White :cool:, but we are VERY interested in finding out how to acquire the extenders as we both fight for room to scrunch up our knees. We will also have our six-month old sleeping in the bed with us and he is already super tall for his age - so the more room Mommy has for her knees, the better! :)

Lady_G

I will let you know how the extenders are, when we return. We will be back on Dec. 8th. I will try to write something on Dec. 9th. Look on the princess member review. I just called Princess and they said when we arrived on the ship the extenders or I should say the longer mattress would be on the bed.

Hi Everyone,

I'm 6' 8" and have always had bed extenders installed and they will also give you a comfort top at the same time so it is worth it. It does limit the room at the end of the bed but we manage OK. You can request it in the princess site once you have booked and also put it in your profile. I always get the agent to mention it again when I pay the final payment. No problems so far.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

I'm 6' 8" and have always had bed extenders installed and they will also give you a comfort top at the same time so it is worth it. It does limit the room at the end of the bed but we manage OK. You can request it in the princess site once you have booked and also put it in your profile. I always get the agent to mention it again when I pay the final payment. No problems so far.

Cheers

Thanks, good info.

Lady_G

I called Princess today....here is what they told me. At the top of the bed (headboard area) they put the extender. So it's under the pillow area. Pretty cool !!!!:D

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

WE have booked on a Princess Cruise out of San Fran. We have found out that they no longer have bed extenders. This is important to us due to my mate is 6 foot 10 inches tall. We have searched for a company that will rent one to us but have not been successful. Would love to go on this cruise but he needs to be comfortable. HELP!!!:eek:

WE have booked on a Princess Cruise out of San Fran. We have found out that they no longer have bed extenders. This is important to us due to my mate is 6 foot 10 inches tall. We have searched for a company that will rent one to us but have not been successful. Would love to go on this cruise but he needs to be comfortable. HELP!!!:eek:

Have you tried calling Allison in the Princess Special Needs department (Allison Muff: 661-284-4521, email:allisonm@princesscruises.com)? While I realize being tall isn't a "handicap" per se, Allison is very good at finding ways to accommodate all guests.

• 1 year later...

I'm "only" 6'3" tall so I wouldn't have the problems taller cruisers would have, but I always get my beds in the queen sized orientation so I generally sleep sort of diagonal. This is pretty much how I sleep on my queen bed at home.

Archived