Tenerife - Any do not miss places?

mspearl

Puerto de la Cruz is not that far from Santa Cruz, where the cruise ships dock. It's a nice resort with some interesting colonial architecture and a good lido for bathing.

It's also home to the the Loro Parque. At 32 Euros for an adult and 11 for kids aged 6-11 it's not cheap but it is very good. Originally a Parrot Park is now more a fully-fledged zoo. I made this in 2004 (not from a cruise day) and had a great time as there's a great deal to see, including some great shows (dolphins, parrot, seals, penguins)

Thank you for your suggestions! It is very helpful. Question about the trams - can you pick up the tram near the cruise terminal?

About a 15 minute walk, hope the tram station appears in the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Tenerife,+Santa+Cruz,+Espa%C3%B1a&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.735377,67.412109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Santa+Cruz+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&ll=28.469748,-16.249852&spn=0.010242,0.016458&z=16

• 2 weeks later...
I would also suggest La Laguna, a small city north of Santa Cruz, it used to be the capital of Tenerife.

Very easy to reach via the tram, I believe the fare is about 2/3 euros; it is full of beautiful old structures, very walkable.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.canaries-live.com/UK/laguna.html

Do you happen to know the distance from the cruise termninal to La Laguna?

Thank you!

Via the tram is about 30-40 minutes to La Laguna, I figure about 30 km or so.

Sorry could not give you exact distance.

Would you recommend hiring a cab (4 people) and going direct to La Laguna versus the tram?

Thanks again!

Six of us took the tram to La Laguna. As I recall, we walked from the pier to the main road, turned to the left along the main road to the tram stop. Probably no more than a 15 min. walk. We bought return tickets from an automated machine (cost was very reasonable). The actual ride seemed no longer than 30 minutes.

La Laguna was uncrowded and a lovely place for strolling around and to enjoying lunch at a local restaurant.

Archived