Conquest's Arrival Time?

dfmeeks

We're staying at the Country Inn & Suites & sailing on the Conquest's Thanksgiving cruise. I'd love to watch the Conquest sail into the harbor that morning. Where do I go to get a good view? What time does she sail in? How far is it from the Country Inn? Is there a place to park my car or should I take a taxi? I know that Harbor House would have been a perfect location to stay the night but, unfortunately, it was completely booked:(. Thank you for your help!!

a walk over to the terminal would be more that I would want early in the morning. Conquest can come in port after 3am but before 6am. look at a map of galveston, 25st is a few block from your hotel, but a nice walk to port.

Walk is too far for me!

Country Inn is 2 miles at most from terminal.

But first

drive east on seawall maybe 2 miles to end

where the houston/galveston ship channel is!

Watch there ship come through jetties and main ship channel

then it turns left to west to galveston channel then to terminal.

Then go and park on east of harbor house hotel by oil rig museum.

and walk a short distance to in front of hotel

and stand right on dock and right on water.

Watch from there.

I don't think I'll walk 2 miles that early in the morning! Driving the 2 miles will be fine. But, I didn't realize it could come in as early as 3 am. I was thinking more like getting up at 5:30 & driving to the pier for 6!! I guess we could get up at 5 am, look at the web cam to see if it's in yet &, if it's not, then drive down there & wait. I've read that it's quite exciting to watch it sail in!!!

I don't think I'll walk 2 miles that early in the morning! Driving the 2 miles will be fine. But, I didn't realize it could come in as early as 3 am. I was thinking more like getting up at 5:30 & driving to the pier for 6!! I guess we could get up at 5 am, look at the web cam to see if it's in yet &, if it's not, then drive down there & wait. I've read that it's quite exciting to watch it sail in!!!

Quess it could come that early

but normally around 5-6

Look at these two cams

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

from HH looking west toward terminal dock and to east toward houston/galveston ship channel!

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Says Galveston Bay which channel runs thru...... its looking southeast at jetties.

Where ship at turn to west from houston/galveston ship channel

to west into galveston channel

then to other cams terminal.

see ships in houston/galveston ship channel presently

At day break it is nice to watch ship

come in from gulf thru jetties

assuming that when it arrives!!!

into channel

HAVE FUN!!!

Enjoy Galveston

and your cruise

... I've read that it's quite exciting to watch it sail in!!!

Yes, that U turn she does at the Cruise Terminal on her way in is a sight to see! Even more fun when you are on-board. Be sure to get up very early your last morning on-board so you can enjoy it too!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thank you all for your advice & info! I'll probably take my laptop with me so I can check from my room at 4:45 to see if she sailed in yet. If she hasn't, I'm heading to the pier!

:cool:Last month we watched Conquest come in around 6:45am. I stayed at the Harbor House, it is really cool seeing her spin around!!!:)

Archived