Has anyone had rumrunners taken out of checked bags?

QVickiB

I premix my Margaritas and put them in the 32oz rum runners. They are so yummy!

I still buy plenty of drinks at the bar but it's just so nice to come back to the room after a long excursion and have my Maggies on the balcony!:D

Happy Cruising

Toni

Almost sounds like it's not worth it to use the rum runners. Try the original bottles - and if they get through good, if not, you get them back at end of cruise. Better than losing the rum runner and the booze!

Terry

Almost sounds like it's not worth it to use the rum runners. Try the original bottles - and if they get through good, if not, you get them back at end of cruise. Better than losing the rum runner and the booze!

Terry

That is the way I see it too. We had no trouble getting our 3 liter boxed wine on a NCL ship 3 weeks ago did not even try to hide it in the checked luggage. Worse case scenario they find it and give it back at the end of the cruise. Also got (2) 100ML bottles of booze on as well. Rum runners are not real cheap especially if you have several of them plus the cost of the booze if you are caught.

That is a good ?(unlocked vs locked baggage). I would imagine if security saw other shapes that looked like bottles security may open them and find the rum runners. If no other liquids like mouthwash bottles were seen under X-ray, why would they be opened?. I would think security needs a reason to open baggage. Does that make sense.

Gary

That is a good ?(unlocked vs locked baggage). I would imagine if security saw other shapes that looked like bottles security may open them and find the rum runners. If no other liquids like mouthwash bottles were seen under X-ray, why would they be opened?. I would think security needs a reason to open baggage.

No, they can open any bags they choose. My theory, however, is that checkers in a hurry to clear thousands of pieces of luggage are less likely to mess with locked bags than unlocked ones.

I also have to wonder if Platinum and VIP guests have an easier time cuz they generally get their bags much earlier than everyone else. I recall on my Sept 09 cruise my bags were waiting at my cabin at 2pm when cabins on the Splendor opened up. They would push those bags through and get them on the ship quicker.....

I plan on buying a rum runner for some rum I want to bring and enjoy precruise and cruise. I can only hope it gets through. My friend who came with me on the last cruise had a rum runner in her bag and it got through no problem. It was also my first Platinum cruise too.....only they forgot to add me to the list that I was now Platinum....

Instead of buying expensive Rum Runners, just go to Panera or Tim Hortons or Dunkin Donuts, and buy one of those 'boxes o'coffee' empty. Then pull off the cardboard box, and voila - a secure heavy duty plastic bladder with a handy screw cap. We just put one in our luggage on an RCCL cruise, and there was no problem. There was also no problem with the pint of vodka I tucked into my waistband . . .

KC

I also have to wonder if Platinum and VIP guests have an easier time cuz they generally get their bags much earlier than everyone else. I recall on my Sept 09 cruise my bags were waiting at my cabin at 2pm when cabins on the Splendor opened up. They would push those bags through and get them on the ship quicker.....

I plan on buying a rum runner for some rum I want to bring and enjoy precruise and cruise. I can only hope it gets through. My friend who came with me on the last cruise had a rum runner in her bag and it got through no problem. It was also my first Platinum cruise too.....only they forgot to add me to the list that I was now Platinum....

I am platinum. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Mine were still taken.

Instead of buying expensive Rum Runners, just go to Panera or Tim Hortons or Dunkin Donuts, and buy one of those 'boxes o'coffee' empty. Then pull off the cardboard box, and voila - a secure heavy duty plastic bladder with a handy screw cap. We just put one in our luggage on an RCCL cruise, and there was no problem. There was also no problem with the pint of vodka I tucked into my waistband . . .

KC

Cool idea. How much are they?

Instead of buying expensive Rum Runners
"Expensive"? :confused: I bought the cruise package (3 32 oz and 3 8 oz) for $23. Considering that Carnival will charge you $40 for a bottle of Malibu (or any other cheap brand of liquor that costs less than half that elsewhere), you more than make up the cost.

So, from the conversation, it sounds like they aren't taking out sealed bottles just rumrunners. Or, am I reading this thread wrong. Last year we took an unopened bottle of vodka with no problem. But, in the other suitcase we had a pair of pliers which they called us to the naughty room for and took away. They said "no household tools are allowed." Must admit it provided a week of laughs.

Libtrek

P.S. In case you're wondering, DH took pliers to open balcony doors in case the room stewart wouldn't open the six adjoining rooms.

Archived