If You Couldn't Cruise On Carnival, What Other Line Would You Choose And Why???

missabbi

I have cruised on Carnival, Royal Carribean, Holland America and NCL. I have no experience with Princess or Celebrity. Just wondering what cruise line others that like Carnival enjoy? :D

My question would be to you....Why wouldn't you be able to cruise on Carnival? Also of the lines you've cruised on what did "you" like about them? As far as Princess goes it is relaxed and very British as far as the way the ships are run. Celebrity is great for the food, wines and martini bar. Also more traditional like HAL......

I want to try Disney. I had them booked for a gty and was all excited, but it was too close to the Crazies and I picked Crazies. I still want to try Disney I have to admit. I feel crazy admitting it since I dont have kids.

Just get used to hearing this all the time.....

Please, I don't I could stand a week of that. Thanks now that song is stuck my head.

I hope to cruise RCI, Princess, and Celebrity when I tire of a "Fun SHip". I don't think that'll ever happen though.

We tried NCL this year. I don't the freestyle thing, and everything is extra. MDR sucked. We sat there wishing we had booked a Carnival cruise. We still enjoyed the ports and the ship was very pretty. Rooms were cute but small.

Princess (still a Carnival line) and with CCL dumping the 150% of DO price for 1As, only slightly higher in price. Have always wondered what a modern cruise ship would look like without all that glitzy glitter decor. :D

"Good girls go to heaven . . Bad girls go EVERYWHERE" :D

Please, I don't I could stand a week of that. Thanks now that song is stuck my head.

I hope to cruise RCI, Princess, and Celebrity when I tire of a "Fun SHip". I don't think that'll ever happen though.

We tried NCL this year. I don't the freestyle thing, and everything is extra. MDR sucked. We sat there wishing we had booked a Carnival cruise. We still enjoyed the ports and the ship was very pretty. Rooms were cute but small.

Many decades ago, my Best Man was the ride manager on the Small World ride in Anaheim for 2 years. I was forbidden to even "hum" that song anywhere, anytime, no matter what the reason. :D

I'm about to go on my second Princess cruise, and I am totally in love with Princess.

Love Carnival too, but I feel more elegant on a Princess ship...weird, I know.

my one Royal was not enjoyed as much, but I'd still try one of their newer ships...never want to do the Majesty of the seas again....though I loved Key West.

My question would be to you....Why wouldn't you be able to cruise on Carnival? Also of the lines you've cruised on what did "you" like about them? As far as Princess goes it is relaxed and very British as far as the way the ships are run. Celebrity is great for the food, wines and martini bar. Also more traditional like HAL......

Oh, I can and do cruise on Carnival. I just wanted some ideas from those who like Carvinal if it wasn't a choice. I guess I am fishing for what makes people go to Celebrity, Princess or Cunard. Perhaps I didn't word my OP correctly. I love Carnival, but am thinking of branching out. ;)

my ATF was Sitmar..the last of Euro Elegance..service, and grand looking real ships w/o all the shiney stuff. Now I'm all over a 2/3 hr ride to port. Do enjoy a repo, tho further to go,and do throw in the occaisional Jax, Mia, TPA, FLL port. Have peeps to stay with, and leave my car.

I want to try Disney. I had them booked for a gty and was all excited, but it was too close to the Crazies and I picked Crazies. I still want to try Disney I have to admit. I feel crazy admitting it since I dont have kids.

I would like to try a Disney cruise, as well. My husband and I were Disney fans long before we had children. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive, though. We are balcony lovers, and I think a Disney balcony would just about bankrupt me. :rolleyes:

I also enjoyed my Costa Atlantica cruise in April very much. I would definitely sail on her again. The Costa lines are European, so the entire atmosphere is different.

I would like to try as many of the lines as possible. You never know where you might find your one "true love!"

I'll try any line :) Each I have sailed so far was good. I just like being on a ship....One thing I do prefer is a diverse mix of passengers (as far as age goes). Too many, too young passengers or a ship full of seniors and no young passengers isn't much fun.

Basically...that leaves HAL & Disney out for me.

One of our favorite cruises was RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, but it wasn't because of anything special RCCL had or did. It was the only cruise where just my daughter and myself were on the cruise. All of our other cruises have had either friends or family with us and just the two of us was amazing.

We enjoyed our Disney cruise (a short cruise), but I think you do have to be a Disney fan to enjoy it enough for the extra $$$$. I will say I liked their room service menu the best. The Mickey wake up call was cool for my daughter too. It was also neat to go to the different dining rooms for dinner.

We love to cruise, but it is not something we can do regularly. We take Carnival because we have had a good time on the ships and the pricing is within out budget. I don't drink and my DD better not :) We are frugal cruisers.

I've enjoyed all my cruises. As you can see, I am not loyal to any one line. I sail for the itinerary, the ship, and/ or the departure port, before I consider which line to sail on...for me, the "mass market lines" are all more alike than they are different. :)

Have not been on may cruises. Hubby is not a big fan (I know - he's crazy) but he goes for me.

Went on Disney in 2004. It was truly spectacular. The food and service was grand. The rooms were wonderful. They have rasul which I love (and needed with three little kids in the room). The "kid" element was not an issue for us except in the mid ship elevators. Kids love to push all the buttons before they leave so you have to stop on every floor (lol). They took excellent care of our kids so we hardly saw them during the day. My children are all teenagers so they would not be interested now but I do agree a few weeks a year for adults only would be very nice!

RCL - beautiful ship MOS. Service was not quite as good in MDR but room steward was above and beyond! Had a few mishaps that were careless regarding parents 50th vow renewal for reception dinner which really put a bad taste in my mouth. They did work hard to apologize but it was something that really was not fixable. So Disney won for me even with a smaller ship.

CCL - will be on Miracle in July. Didn't have a huge choice because have to go out of NY. Have a large group all in area, some cannot fly. Great price for our first balcony. Understand it won't be elegant and trying not expect too much so hopefully they will surprise me! Am hearing good things!

I would like to try a small ship with about 20 to 40 couples that sail around islands. something a little more intimate and get to see a little more. Not sure where to start with that but I think it would be different!

Hi,

So far I have only cruised on Carnival ships. While I have enjoyed every cruise we have taken, I do want to try another line because it will offer something that I do not get with Carnival.

For example, HAL offers a 28 day cruise going round trip from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego and back, with many port stops in between. Many of the ports are not offered by Carnival and I am always enthused about seeing new places.

I am ready for a more formal style of cruising as we are now in our 60's. At least HAL is still part of the Carnival family so the stockholder OBC applies.

Lee

I would like to try a Disney cruise, as well. My husband and I were Disney fans long before we had children. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive, though. We are balcony lovers, and I think a Disney balcony would just about bankrupt me. :rolleyes:

I also enjoyed my Costa Atlantica cruise in April very much. I would definitely sail on her again. The Costa lines are European, so the entire atmosphere is different.

I would like to try as many of the lines as possible. You never know where you might find your one "true love!"

I admit to booking a $599 gty on Disney. I did my homework though. I like that they enforce the adults only areas on the ship. At the private beach, is a adults only area where they cook your steak to order.

I also wanted to experience the three revolving MDRs, especially the one that starts black and white and is in color by the time you get off the ship.

Iv heard I would not like Costa because they do a lot of Italian food, like MSC. I dont do Italian, and would be afraid Id go hungry. Id be interested in hearing more responses on Costa though.. maybe I would change my mind.

Hubby and I would like to try Disney too..And I don't feel crazy admitting it either..;) My kids are full grown...:D

Please do go sail on RCL... I suspect you must have one foot in the grave and Carnival's high engery is too much for you. RCL will do you well.. Enjoy the higher price, smaller cabins, inferior food and boring activities.

Wow, what an attack on someone who just posted their opinion. One foot in the grave? You have cruised on two of the older ships in the Royal fleet. That would be like me comparing Carnival with a Holiday and Fantasy class You are so off base with your comments that it's not even funny. You also show zero credibility with your comments. This is the typcial Carnival cheerleader.:rolleyes:

Wow, what an attack on someone who just posted their opinion. One foot in the grave? You have cruised on two of the older ships in the Royal fleet. That would be like me comparing Carnival with a Holiday and Fantasy class You are so off base with your comments that it's not even funny. You also show zero credibility with your comments. This is the typcial Carnival cheerleader.:rolleyes:

Excellent. :)

Oh, I can and do cruise on Carnival. I just wanted some ideas from those who like Carvinal if it wasn't a choice. I guess I am fishing for what makes people go to Celebrity, Princess or Cunard. Perhaps I didn't word my OP correctly. I love Carnival, but am thinking of branching out. ;)

In all honesty, we (dad + his girlfriend, hubby, and I - all cruisers of NCL and CCL) were VERY disappointed in Celebrity! Now the rooms were very nice and the service was WONDERFUL on Celebrity but the food.... eh. Maybe we just hit it at the wrong time but it seemed like they had an endless supply of lamb and duck?? They were always serving it. I like both, but not enough to have it every day! And I never once finished a dessert... and that's saying something! The pastries were always stale :( We dine out regularly and at very nice places, but we didn't eat much at all while on Celebrity. Of course food shouldn't be the main reason for choosing a cruise, but it is something to consider. Also, they don't seem to party as much on Celebrity. Which is either good or bad depending on what you like :) We are in our early to mid twenties, so we like to get a little rowdy :p

OH! The musicians on Celebrity were great too! Hubby and dad are both musicians and really enjoyed all of the talent in the different bars (not the shows in the theaters.)

Archived