Follow the Allure's Crossing

DeBlasio1

Morning Everyone,

Anyone else a little puzzled by the 11/11 arrival date. After watching the updates on the maps it looks like Allure is right outsid Kings Bay Burmuda. It doesn't take a week to go from there to Ft. Lauderdale unless it is moving at a snails pace. Anyone have any ideas on why we have a week to go before she is in Port?

-Doug

Morning Everyone,

Anyone else a little puzzled by the 11/11 arrival date. After watching the updates on the maps it looks like Allure is right outsid Kings Bay Burmuda. It doesn't take a week to go from there to Ft. Lauderdale unless it is moving at a snails pace. Anyone have any ideas on why we have a week to go before she is in Port?

-Doug

On the Allure website it shows she is North of the Azores in "Choppy waters".

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/video.php?ship=allure

On the Allure website it shows she is North of the Azores in "Choppy waters".

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/video.php?ship=allure

Thank you Rich,

This would be why I'm happy at my desk today.:eek: However, last year we were in 35' seas during our cruise around South America and I fared just fine.

See you soon. I only have 10 days of work left as of today...yippee...Allure here we come.:)

The port schedule for Port Everglades show the Allure arriving on the 11th at 0900 hrs. but then departing at 1200 hrs. on the 12th. Were is it going?

Out to sea to make way for Oasis to dock on Sat 13th Nov.......:)

What are the projections for Hurricane Thomas and Allure to maybe cross paths? We were on a repositioning cruise a few years ago from Montreal to Miami and we had to stay at sea a few extra days due to a hurricane in the area. Would think that would mess up a lot of RCL's pre-inaugeral trips.:(

What are the projections for Hurricane Thomas and Allure to maybe cross paths? We were on a repositioning cruise a few years ago from Montreal to Miami and we had to stay at sea a few extra days due to a hurricane in the area. Would think that would mess up a lot of RCL's pre-inaugeral trips.:(

On the ship tracking sites mentioned at the beginning of this thread, it appears that the Allure is altering its course slightly to allow Tomas to cross south of it safely. The storm is already passing Haiti and should turn eastward and weaken into a tropical depression by Sunday. I'm sure there will be some heavy seas, but nothing major.

Eric

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU David for this wonderful site. I love waking up to watch the ships come into Ft Lauderdale in the morning and also to watch them leave on the weekend.

Great camera and great job!! Thank You!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! 99% of the credit of course goes to MarineTraffic for an invaluable AIS tracking application.

The PortFever link should always take you to Allure so long as she is in AIS range. Based on MarineTraffic's extensive coverage of the Baltic, North Sea and English Channel... we should get to follow her all the way down to the Atlantic. Unfortunately, we will lose "sight" during the open ocean crossing and pick up again as she approaches Port Everglades.

I read a comment from a crew member saying she is scheduled to sail from Turku on the 29th and arrive in Florida on November 11th. Fingers crossed.

If you'd like to watch Allure arrive at Port Everglades, please stop by and follow our live coverage on that day.

David.

www.portfever.com

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU David for this wonderful site. I love waking up to watch the ships come into Ft Lauderdale in the morning and also to watch them leave on the weekend.

Great camera and great job!! Thank You!!!!!!

I so agree... :) time for some sleep before I sign into port fever tomorrow morning to watch to watch the webcame See you all there

Just checked the portfever.com website and I laughed at all the loops Allure did during the night :) Have fun watching everyone

I saw that also. I wonder if they were doing tests or needed to slow down so as not to get to the port to early?

Archived