Ft. Lauderdale Hotel w/ Smoking

turquoisesea

Please do not attack me, but I need to find a smoking room for our December cruise. I am not a smoker, but my DH is - despite daily nagging on my part! :eek: Does anyone know of one near the airport ot the port?

The La Quinta at he airport in Hollywood has smoking rooms.

The La Quinta at he airport in Hollywood has smoking rooms.

Is this current? The reason I ask is that Florida is a non smoking state. You cannot smoke in any bars or restaurants. Many outside areas are non smoking including some beaches.

Is this current? The reason I ask is that Florida is a non smoking state. You cannot smoke in any bars or restaurants. Many outside areas are non smoking including some beaches.

I do not know -that is why I asked. I did find one hotel that listed smoking rooms, but none were available.

Hotels are still allowed to have smoking rooms...their choice. I think the only requirement is that the public areas be nonsmoking, and that they offer some non-smoking rooms.

Yes, Fl doesn't allow smoking in restaurants or bars, but there are certain exceptions (I think if a bar earns less than 10% of its profits on food, or some outdoor seating areas, etc...not sure on the specifics).

Generally all Marriott properties are non-smoking. Hilton properties should have some smoking rooms (which includes Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites). IHG properties (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, etc) usually have some smoking....but policies seem to be more individualized by hotel.

Archived