Which dinner with teens?

We have always had second seating. We feel like main seating forces our day to be shortened. There will be kids of all ages in both seatings, and they all usually somehow work out meeting up later on. We allow DS (now turning 18) to leave the MDR a little early and not stay for dessert if we're having, so he can meet up with friends he made. IMHO, it doesnt matter what time seating you have (if it is in reference to accomodating your children).

We just sailed in August with two 16 year old girls and my 12 year old son.

When I booked the cruise, I thought for sure my dd would tell me she wanted late seating but they all wanted early.

They can all eat and by the time they are done, they are meeting up with their "friends".

If they had the late seating, they would be meeting everyone later.

We went with a group (11 adults, 6 kids). We did the early seating, but the kids wanted NOTHING to do with the dining room after the first night. We were able to drop them off with the Adventure Ocean team at 5:45 then head to the dining room for a nice night of adults only.

Then we picked them up for 10. We had adjoining cabins and the kids all hung out watching TV with an aunt for the evening- they weren't ready to break off the fun- so we got the chance to go out a little longer.

Archived