If You Have Cruised on the Monarch

Yvonne

And if you have photos somewhere, or a trip report of your cruise, could you point me in the direction to see/read those? If you have links that would be wonderful. I like to do as much research about a cruise/ship as I can before we go, so hope to see lots of pictures people have taken, and want to read all the trip reports I can get my eyes on. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have the menus scanned? Would love to see those as well.

I have been on the Monarch 3 times since Dec 2009. I am planning on going on the Monarch for the 4th time sometime Jan 2011.

The Monarch is the oldest ship in the fleet. Thus probably have the smallest staterooms as well. The staterooms are small but laid out nice. I have stayed in an oceanview on Deck 7 and 8 and an Interior on Deck 6. I enjoyed the room on Deck 7 because it is on the same level as Boleros, deck outside the ship (have to keep curtain closed at night for privacy), and balcony of the theater. I also like Deck 8 because it may be a little cheaper because you get a nice view of the bottom of teh lifeboats and the sea. The interior that I had would get again for a short cruise but I prefer an ocean view or a balcony.

The pool deck is huge with 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. During sea days they have a bar open at both ends.

My favorite place to get a drink is at Boleros Lounge on deck 7. That is the same level as the balcony of the Sound of Music Theater.

Make sure you catch the 70's Disco party in the Centurium on the first night

I have attached some photos of the stateroom, Pool area, and some other common areas as well

100_0497.jpg.ff3996a9be79951212caeff5fccddfb4.jpg

100_0074.jpg.c4400afa5a27de76881f20c66dd36cbd.jpg

100_0086.jpg.bf2e70da0f207746f26b17a1718f3f5c.jpg

100_0725.jpg.908d7371b49893e7fd41ef6558b1995f.jpg

And if you have photos somewhere, or a trip report of your cruise, could you point me in the direction to see/read those? If you have links that would be wonderful. I like to do as much research about a cruise/ship as I can before we go, so hope to see lots of pictures people have taken, and want to read all the trip reports I can get my eyes on. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have the menus scanned? Would love to see those as well.

Love the Monarch, have been on twice and going again in March.

My Monarch album:

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac179/stazerd/Monarch%20of%20the%20Seas%20July%202009/

Thanks, everyone, for the photos in information. Appreciate it very much.

When are you going? We are from Michigan also we're going on Monarch in January! We're sailing Jan 31st...can't wait, even if its "cool" there I'm sure to us northerners it will be perfect! lol

When are you going? We are from Michigan also we're going on Monarch in January! We're sailing Jan 31st...can't wait, even if its "cool" there I'm sure to us northerners it will be perfect! lol

We're going on the 24th, 4-nighter. You're so right about the weather. It's always funny to hear warm-weather people complain about it being "cold." To us, it's balmy even in the 60's. We're just happy to get out of the snow and ice for a few days! :)

We're going on the 24th, 4-nighter. You're so right about the weather. It's always funny to hear warm-weather people complain about it being "cold." To us, it's balmy even in the 60's. We're just happy to get out of the snow and ice for a few days! :)

I will be on the January 24th sailing as well! I am SO looking forward to it! There hasn't been a lot of activity to date but we do have a roll call over on the RCI Meet & Mingle boards.

I just did the 4 day cruise the 11th of this month...I just loved the ship. You can tell it is an older ship, with not as fancy art work on the walls.

But the crew is so friendly and we had our best waiter to date now was on the Monarch. The inside cabins are very small...the smallest I have been in. I have been on the Empress inside cabin and these are smaller yet.

We've done inside, balcony and suite. So when we have an inside we just don't spend time in the room at all. We matter fact had to just open our suitcase and slide it under the bed then just pulled it in and out to get our things cause closet space are very small....I will get my pictures uploaded have not done that yet. Cause my son also got married and have been working on them more right now.

Here's my review with link to pictures at the end of the review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246897

Thank you so much for giving me the link to your review and pictures. Really enjoyed reading about your cruise, and loved the pictures too since they are more recent. I went to your website to see the rest of them too! I've been to CocoCay before, but my husband hasn't, so he enjoyed seeing all of your pictures as well. Thanks again!!

I will be on the January 24th sailing as well! I am SO looking forward to it! There hasn't been a lot of activity to date but we do have a roll call over on the RCI Meet & Mingle boards.

I hadn't checked for a roll call thread yet, I'll have to head on over there. :)

I just did the 4 day cruise the 11th of this month...I just loved the ship. You can tell it is an older ship, with not as fancy art work on the walls.

But the crew is so friendly and we had our best waiter to date now was on the Monarch. The inside cabins are very small...the smallest I have been in. I have been on the Empress inside cabin and these are smaller yet.

We've done inside, balcony and suite. So when we have an inside we just don't spend time in the room at all. We matter fact had to just open our suitcase and slide it under the bed then just pulled it in and out to get our things cause closet space are very small....I will get my pictures uploaded have not done that yet. Cause my son also got married and have been working on them more right now.

Did you have an inside cabin on your 4-day Monarch? You said it's the smallest you've been in, did it have a couch? From the layout design I saw of the inside cabins on the Monarch it shows a small loveseat type couch on the opposite wall of the vanity/desk and chair. Do all inside cabins have the couch?

The only inside cabin we've had to date, was the Carnival 4-night Fantasy and we really didn't mind it. In fact, we actually liked it for taking afternoon naps so we could stay up late for the late night comedians and parties, etc. :) It was nice to have a completely dark room for those naps. :) But I do like having a balcony for longer cruises.

Yes, please upload your pictures soon, ha ha! I understand your son's wedding pictures are more important, of course. :) But I do hope you post them, I'd love to see them!

yes the disco party in the centrium is a must. of course you cant misw quest either. the monarch was our first rccl cruise and we loved the monarch. must better than the ccl fantasy or sensation.

Why did you think the Monarch cruise was better than the Carnival Fantasy?

We have been on the Fantasy, a few years ago, and had a great time. I'm sure we will do the same on the Monarch too though, really looking forward to it.

Thank you so much for giving me the link to your review and pictures. Really enjoyed reading about your cruise, and loved the pictures too since they are more recent. I went to your website to see the rest of them too! I've been to CocoCay before, but my husband hasn't, so he enjoyed seeing all of your pictures as well. Thanks again!!

No problem. I think you will have a great time on your cruise!

My first cruise was on Majesty (monarchs sister ship), and we did that 4 night cruise...we did an interior guarantee on deck 2 and I can tell you there was no couch. We have an interior on deck 3 of Monarch and doubt I'll have a couch this time either. When they say the room is 119sq ft they mean it. However, I LOVE an interior room. We could have afforded a OV or Balcony this time, but I just don't see the point for that short of a cruise...that and I am rarely in the room other then to sleep so I don't need much. Also this is my boyfriends first cruise and I didn't want to spoil him with a balcony, lol...he needs to experience an inside first, lol!!!

My first cruise was on Majesty (monarchs sister ship), and we did that 4 night cruise...we did an interior guarantee on deck 2 and I can tell you there was no couch. We have an interior on deck 3 of Monarch and doubt I'll have a couch this time either. When they say the room is 119sq ft they mean it. However, I LOVE an interior room. We could have afforded a OV or Balcony this time, but I just don't see the point for that short of a cruise...that and I am rarely in the room other then to sleep so I don't need much. Also this is my boyfriends first cruise and I didn't want to spoil him with a balcony, lol...he needs to experience an inside first, lol!!!

Yeah, don't spoil him with a balcony first!! :) We didn't spend a lot of time in our room when we had the inside cabin either. I think it was because it was a 4-night cruise, so we needed to "pack everything in" and "do it all" since it was a shorter cruise. I do enjoy a balcony on a 7-night cruise though. I'm the type of person that needs some "alone time" pretty much every day, so it's always nice to be able to spend a couple hours on my own balcony just enjoying the sounds of the ocean, the sun, and a good book or snooze. But, with a shorter cruise I don't mind not having the balcony. I'm just glad to be able to go on a cruise, period. :)

Why did you think the Monarch cruise was better than the Carnival Fantasy?

We have been on the Fantasy, a few years ago, and had a great time. I'm sure we will do the same on the Monarch too though, really looking forward to it.

I don't much care for the glitz and glamor of the carnival ships. I'm on a cruise not going to vegas. The ship itself was hands down nicer than the two carnival ships. the service was by far better on the monarch. However i would say the shows on carnival is much better. between the two carnival ships I prefer the fantasy over the sensation. loved the disco, the quest, as well as the battle of the sexes on the monarch.

Archived