small cats cruises vs silver moon 24 passenger

ladeeesquire

hi!

we're going to be in barbados on 3/22/11 and am finding that the cc popular cat snorkel trips are booked. I did receive a response from Small Cats Cruises saying they are available and carry a maximum of 12. Their cat is quite small (37' I think) I did a search here and only found a few posts and those were from 2006.

silver moon replied with availability but only for their 24 passenger cat. The 12 passenger cat is apparantly booked.

Anyone have any info on small cats? or an opinion on the 24 passenger with silver moon? I was really hoping for a small group experience for snorkling.

Did you try Calabaza? We were on them yesterday and it was an absolutely fabulous experience - very good snorkeling (lots of turtles, fish, and beautiful coral), very tasty food and drink and a great crew.

yes, that was my first choice but they're booked. :(

Being a Disney type family we thought it was great for a family . I don't drink either , you would have to call him on the toddler issue . I personally have never seen a toddler on a snorkel cat but that doesn't mean anything . Ted

We used Shasa - the catamaran wouldn't hold any more than 12; 6 were on it when we went. It was a wonderful trip.

already tried them. they're booked. I've actually emailed 9 different companies, I can't believe how booked up everyone is. we're not sailing until march of next year.

no one has any info on Small Cat Cruises?

• 2 weeks later...

We spent the day last week (Oct. 26) with Silver Moon on their 24 person catamaran. BEST DAY EVER !!!!! Plenty of room wherever you wish whether it be in the sun, shade or on the trampolines. Catamaran was spotless!! Ben, Dexter and Marlow (our crew) were fantastic and made sure that we were well taken care of. Dexter made the best rum punch we had all week long anywhere! Non alcoholic drinkers had plenty to choose from as well. We snorkeled with the turtles and were able to touch plenty of them. We were then taken to 2 wrecks to snorkel. Beautiful there as well. Next we were served an absolutely delicious lunch. :p After lunch we spent some time swimming and enjoying the beautiful day. Before returning Dexter fired up the blender and made pina coladas for the ride back!:D

We saw other catamarans which were crammed full of people and were confident that we made the right choice. This day was the highlight of our trip!

I've only done the Silver Moon. On their cruise you'll have an excellent time. I don't know about small cats at all, but if they do offer a great experiance on a small catamaran it will be different as there is lot's of space on the Silver Moon and you will not feel crowded. We've done the the Silver Moon 24 on their smaller boat and while we prefer doing it on that boat with just 24 it was still wonderful.

Bottom line is there may be other boats that have a fantastic time, but I KNOW the Silver Moon offers a wonderful excursion and that's why we have our 6th trip with them booked for next March.

• 4 weeks later...

We spent the day on Small Cats in 2008. Had a great time on the smaller catamaran. It was nice to only have 6 of us on the boat that day. Great snorkeling and then had a really good lunch. After lunch we swam into shore and picked up some sea glass on the beach. Good drinks too. I would definitely use them again. It was a blast. Much better than going out sailing with multitudes of others. My travel companions stated it was the best day of our cruise. Don't forget the sunblock!

Archived